• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bullying at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying at work

I don’t know if this is an actual case of bullying at work or if it is me being paranoid. I have worked at this organisation for nearly 4 years, never had any issues with anybody.
    Last December we were sent to work from home and since May this year I have been back in the office. I was placed in a new team and the manager there is relatively new to the organisation. From the onset I explained to her about my anxiety issue and how it would be exacerbated by the transition from working from home to coming back into the office, however, this was ignored.

Since joining the new team, I have on multiple occasions been singled out for criticism of the teams performance. Even collectively we have been told our productivity has been ‘pathetic’ and I have been told that I am incompetent.

At the end of August I went off sick with depression that was caused by the lack of support, the high expectations and the ever changing demands from work.

i returned in October and was given a 1.5 week phased return to work, I requested a longer phased return and this was granted. Since then I have been singled out and picked on by my manager even though my performance is on par with everybody else on my team.

i have now been given a performance improvement plan which is initially ‘informal’ but will become formal.

None of points that my manager has said she will do to support me have been followed.

With recent changes in the office, she has moved my desk so I am sat directly in front of her, this has caused more anxiety, she is constantly looking over me, watching everything I do and listening to all of my conversations.

This week she had a full blown argument with me, accusing me of implying she’s a liar to one of my colleagues and talking to her inappropriately. Surely if this is how she felt then the discussion should have taken place in private.

Tags: None

Hi Blom

How long have you worked for the firm?

It sounds like you are in a challenging situation, you've talked to the management informally. I would raise a Formal Grievance in writing, outline the 'treatment' you have received 'bullying, lack of pro active support etc. The company can then arrange a meeting with you / HR / management to come to a resolution. Make sure you take a colleague for support / take noes. The longer you do 'nothing' the worse things will become.

https://www.acas.org.uk/grievance-pr...e-step-by-step

ULA Can you please take a look and advice, many thanks.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply.
      ive been there nearly 4 years, I have considered a grievance, mostly because my depression has never been taken into consideration through everything. It’s all been about performance. I guess I’m scared if I follow up the grievance that’ll make my situation worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Blomdoft789 View Post
        Thank you so much for your reply.
        ive been there nearly 4 years, I have considered a grievance, mostly because my depression has never been taken into consideration through everything. It’s all been about performance. I guess I’m scared if I follow up the grievance that’ll make my situation worse.
        Wait for ULA to respond she can provide a perspective on your situation.

'Suffering in silence' isn't great, if the company want you to do a good job, they need to do the things they said they would, trying to 'bully' you is counter productive and bad management.

Comment

I would suggest that you maybe have an initial chat with your HR department about the way you feel you are being treated by your manager.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X