• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Family issue with school fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family issue with school fees

Hi, I’d be really grateful for any advice on this. My father is controlling and subject to changes of minds / denials etc. He is also very wealthy and I am not as a single parent. One of my children has some difficulties and I’d like to accept an offer at an independent school which can cater for his issues. My father has verbally offered to pay ongoing. However this is causing me great anxiety as he changes his mind and denies things. I would like a written agreement set up with his offer laid out confirming he will pay until 18. (The school have set fees to 18 for me so budgeting is possible). Is there anything ‘watertight’ he could sign and if so would this be between him and the school or him and I? I would hate to disrupt my child by starting him and then having to pull him out. So thank you anyone who is able to reply with help.
    Tags: None

1. School uniform
    School uniforms encourage students to be responsible and maintain their appearance while promoting good manners. Students who wear uniforms tend to be less likely to disobey rules and behave aggressively.
    2. School supplies
    Kids need school supplies to get their work done smoothly at school. A supply list should consist of basic items such as pencils, pens, notebooks, rulers, erasers, etc. These items are needed for writing, drawing, reading, math, science and more.
    3. Books
    Books are another necessary item to have at home if you want to achieve academic excellence. Even though teachers make sure they give out only books that are appropriate to each child's age group, there are still many children who prefer to read fiction instead of non-fiction books.
    4. School bags
    A backpack is a practical way to carry a student's school materials. Backpacks help kids keep their belongings organized and safe.
    5. Lunch box
    Students must eat lunch before they go back to class. Having your own lunch box helps them stay focused during class.
    6. Water bottle
    Water bottles are a great tool for keeping kids hydrated throughout the day. A water bottle comes in handy whenever kids play sports or run around outside.
    7. Sports shoes
    Sports shoes are useful when kids participate in various activities. Shoes are also important for safety purposes. Kids need to avoid walking barefoot over sharp objects like nails or stones.

Comment

Talk it through properly with him first.

Comment

you've been caught by a weird (being polite) reply to an old post dslippy

I am surprised that no one replied at the time. I guess it is too late now.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X