• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Name used without permission on school application?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name used without permission on school application?!

Hello all,
    my ex used my name without my consent to apply for a private school near her new house. She then took me to family court to get an order to move my 6 yo daughter from the outstanding school where she was doing well to this private school. Surely she cannot use my name without my consent? Can I sue her or the school (they both knew it was without consent? any advice gratefully recieved!
    Tags: None

Forgery is a criminal offence, so you would not have standing to sue. Having said that, if the school sued you for payment of it's fees, the forging of your signature would be a defence.

Comment

Just a thought - would it not be a good idea to point it out in a confidential letter to the school now and saying that whilst at this point in time you do not intend to take further action you will not be liable for any fees etc in the future? What do more experienced members think?

Comment

In what way did she "use" your name?
        Do you mean she signed a form in your name, or just inserted your name on the form or what?

As the school were aware there is no deception involved

Comment

I think the implication is that the school were complicit - they knew he had not signed it but turned a blind eye to the forgery?

Comment

Possibly, but a bit weird!
            Wouldn't want my child going to a school with that ethos!

Comment

I agree totally. Its all about money for them I suppose! Another pupil - more profit!

Comment

it's really not right

Comment

SCRAPTROOP is a spammer (hidden link) and has been reported.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X