• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to CCTV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to CCTV

Hi all

Just before Christmas my 11 year old daughter was hit in the face with a stone, in the playground, at her school. The stone hit one of her front teeth and chipped it. This not only resulted in my daughter being very upset and in pain (which she still suffers), the tooth had to be glued/filled which means part of her tooth will stain and could come off at any time.

Unfortunately my daughter couldn't see who threw it clearly as it happened so quickly but she said that 3 kids run off as it happened.

The school is covered in CCTV and I have asked the headmistress to take a look at the footage to determine whether this was an accident or on purpose.

My concern is that the school will try and cover up the occurrence as an accident even of they see that it was done on purpose just to save hassle, arguments, complaints etc.

I am well aware of Data Protection and GDPR but am I able to request footage from the CCTV from the time and location it occurred?

If so, how? If not, what d you suggest?

Thank in advance!
    Tags: None

So you present it as a crime and then request it. Ask them to hold it anyway while investigations are in place.

Comment

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/cctv/

Comment

Originally posted by karatekid View Post
        Hi all

Just before Christmas my 11 year old daughter was hit in the face with a stone, in the playground, at her school. The stone hit one of her front teeth and chipped it. This not only resulted in my daughter being very upset and in pain (which she still suffers), the tooth had to be glued/filled which means part of her tooth will stain and could come off at any time.

Unfortunately my daughter couldn't see who threw it clearly as it happened so quickly but she said that 3 kids run off as it happened.

The school is covered in CCTV and I have asked the headmistress to take a look at the footage to determine whether this was an accident or on purpose.

My concern is that the school will try and cover up the occurrence as an accident even of they see that it was done on purpose just to save hassle, arguments, complaints etc.

I am well aware of Data Protection and GDPR but am I able to request footage from the CCTV from the time and location it occurred?

If so, how? If not, what d you suggest?

Thank in advance!
        Thanks for your response. How do I present it as a crime? Report it to the police and the advise the school that I am doing so? Wont he police query how this is a crime if I don't have proof?

Comment

I'd start off by finding out how long they keep CCTV data for. It may long since have been wiped.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X