• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot / mortimer clarke theretaning to reopen a court case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot / mortimer clarke theretaning to reopen a court case

Hi All I did post about this before finding this thread*
    long story short my partner & I lost our jobs just before our wedding in 2012*
    we continued to make payments till December on our credits cards till we ran out of savings*

fast forward to 2018 & I start getting letters about a dept. I though I had payed off over the last 5 years or so (we payed everyone else off over this time)
    I ignored the letters after a quick google saying the company are scammers EG: Cabot finance*

I get a court letter in August 2018 re this debt I reply saying its status bared & they had 6 years to contact me (I thought I had last paid them in August 2012)*

in May 2019 my Husband died suddenly after a long illness after a few months I pay off all my debts with my inheritance
    now December 2019 I get a letter from Mortimer clart saying they have evidence of my last payment of 03/06/2013 and that because I applied for a new credit card with Vanquish in 2018 I acknowledged this debt from 2012 & they will take me back to court if I don't pay*

I reply asking for evidence of this payment as its not a payment its a charge on the credit card of 0.49p from EVANQUIS

Saturday I got a letter*
    not acknowledging my last letter*at all saying that if I don't pay they will lift the stay on the proceedings and request a judgment*

Now Today I spoke to the court they said the case is Stayed as MC didn't reply within the 28 days (Back in September 2018)
    & they can apply to reopen the case or I can apply to close it*

I have found a letter from MC dated 11-09-2018 that they have evidence that my last payment was on the 03-12-12 and there for not statute barred*
    this was within the 28 days &*
    they didn't proceed*

So my big question now is can I apply to close the case on the evidence that MC had the evidence within the 28 days & chose not to proceed*
    & that they are now harassing me threatening me with court action again*on lies (eg the 49p payment & 2018 card application)*

I can afford to pay MC but I do not like they way they have been practising & don't want them to get a pay out for this behaivour*

Thanks*

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X