• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Mortimer Clarke CCA Request query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Mortimer Clarke CCA Request query

Hi Folks

I'm just after a bit of advice, I’m looking to send a CCA request for a loan taken out online by my husband a couple of years ago.

He took out a loan in Jan 17 with Likely Loans/Oakbrook Finance according to MC’s statement of account, defaulted (don’t know when) and the debt was assigned to Cabot on 14/1/19. This info is all I have on the Statement of Account.

today he’s received a letter from Cabot advising they have have referred his account to Mortimer Clarke and he has also received a ‘Potential Legal Action’ letter from MC saying that if they do not hear from him they will issue CCJ proceedings. There’s then a long form with information about what will happen next re the CCJ claim and boxes to tick with his intentions. (Not sure if this is a standard form and well known)

So, I’m thinking of offering a reduced settlement figure, they are saying he owed £910, what would be an offer they are likely to accept? I was thinking maybe £500?

Also, I wanted to send a CCA request first. How would they prove he took out an online loan, what do they have to send you to prove enforceability etc?

Im hoping to use the CCA request as a bargaining tool for the settlement offer.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X