• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

High Court Enforcement Visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Court Enforcement Visit

Hi

On 1st March 2021 I was handed a Judgement for Claimant (in default) form dated 19th November 2019, stating I am to pay the sum of £10,000 plus costs. This was given to me by the claimant’s son coming to my home address and handing me the Judgement for Claimant form with no envelope and then left again. Within the Judgement for Claimant form it states the first payment was due 1st January 2020 of a monthly sum of £1,041.
    I was totally unaware of this court order until I was handed a copy of the Judgement for Claimant form on 1st March 2021. I have had no contact prior with this individual or any relative since February 2014. I have been presented with no evidence or any prior contact or letters from the claimant.
    On 2nd March on receiving the information, I emailed the County Court to request any information and evidence submitted by the claimant for this claim as I did not recognise this debt. On 10th March I received a response from the County Court which gave details on how to pay the claim or appeal with a copy of the claim form by claimant. On receipt of this email I responded to request a copy of the evidence submitted for this claim.
    The address detailed in the claim form for myself is not my address. At the time of the claim (23rd September 2019) I was living somewhere else.

I have High Court Enforcement Officers visiting my property this Friday 16th April. I submitted a N244 form to the court giving the above reasons so I have a chance to present a defence and request setting the judgement aside and stay the writ of control I have also included all the emails communication I have had with the County Court requesting further information and the responses to demonstrate I have been acting promptly.

In your expert opinion do you think this will be enough to set the judgement aside and stay the writ of control?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X