• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim from Lowell - Running out of time. Someone help! - Vodafone Contract.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim from Lowell - Running out of time. Someone help! - Vodafone Contract.

Hello All,

Really new here and feel like i am running out of options, Hopefully someone can help!

I received a claim from Lowell on 30/07/2019 for a Vodafone account opened on 28th May 2012.

They State that the last payment was made on 1st June 2015 and the account defaulted in April 2016.

I vaguely remember seeing something from Lowell back in 2018 and contacted Vodafone the same day to check the status of my account, They informed me that i should not engage with Lowell and they will put a note on my account and that i should not be receiving anymore contact from Lowell.

I specifically asked if there is anything outstanding on my account and they informed me that my account was settled and closed. They also advised that i save the conversation incase anything happens in future....I sent them a "Prove it" email on the same date as my contact with Vodafone that was ignored.

and i have since:

- Responded to the claim and my intentions to defend in full.
    - Printed out the chat history with Vodafone
    - Printed out the "prove it" email notice sent to Lowell

I sent out a letter to both Lowell Solicitors and Lowell Portfolio requesting the agreement under the CCA and they have responded saying they will not be providing any of this.

They have sent me the following, A notice of assignment which is typed and not on Vodafone letter headed paper, There is no signature and it looks like someone just hand typed it.

I have since spoken to Vodafone after getting some advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau and they are now claiming that the debt was not settled even though they confirmed this to me in writing in March 2018. The lady i spoke to then bizarrely told me that the agents would be disciplined.

What options do i have?

I was not sent a notice of claim until 05/08/2019 is this normal? I read somewhere (probably on this forum) that this is a breach of pre protocol? What can i do about this if anything?

My question is, What should my next steps be?

I have around 1 week before i have to submit my defence.

ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X