• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Common Platform scandal, and bringing a claim for wrongful imprisonment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Common Platform scandal, and bringing a claim for wrongful imprisonment

Seen this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62722855 Summary:

An IT system is causing key information about court cases in England and Wales to change or disappear and is putting justice at risk, the BBC has been told.

Staff say warnings about alleged faults, describing it as "fundamentally flawed", have been ignored.

He told the BBC Radio 4's File on 4 programme he correctly entered the results of a case in which a man was to be banned from driving only to discover later the result had changed.

"The results that appeared on Common Platform were not the results we imposed," he said.

Numerous other court staff also told the BBC of instances in which key information disappeared, including pleas entered and the case result.

File on 4 has also been given details of a case in which an individual was held in prison for days longer than they should have been, after a Common Platform-related fault.

Listen to File on 4: Justice on Trial at 20:00 on Tuesday, 6 September, on BBC Radio 4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001brqf
    It's that last bit that interests me - one of the things my mysterious vanishing solicitor had promised to do was get me compensation after I was unlawfully held in prison overnight when "there was an error in the bail documents and the release note got lost".

Of course, I don't have these docs, nor do I know how to get hold of them, and I can't afford another solicitor until I found how to get some money back from this one.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if I might have been caught up in this scandal, and how do I go about getting the compensation I was promised? (He indicated it was a standard/default £500 per night, but that one could often claim more).
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X