• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late Payments from defendant N24 general form of judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Payments from defendant N24 general form of judgement

Hi, I (the claimant) attended court and in the presence of a judge we agreed a payment plan with the defendant. (I now regret this but that’s another story)

The defendant proposed the payment plan, amount and date which I accepted. I received the N24 letter confirming details.

We’re halfway though the plan and the defendant has never paid me on time, he is always late. Each month I have to prompt him and more recently he has been sending me mini insults in reply emails. When I advise payment is late he often says “I’ll see what I can do little man”. I’m trying not to take these comebacks personally and am keeping professional ensuring the court is copied in each time.

i understand I can take this further with the court but at additional cost. And since he is paying me, the court might deem he is keeping up with his end of the deal.

it feels like he has all the power here and can pay when he likes and say what he likes.

is there anything I can do legally to ensure he pays on time? Or can I claim the full amount remaining?

could I instruct a collection agency?

I’ve thought about making a final threat to him but I have to be able to follow through on it.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X