• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Further steps notice from Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further steps notice from Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement Unit

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I have received the attached letter from the Greater Manchester Accounts and Enforcement Unit advising me that I owe an amount of £372.00 and have previously failed to make payment. The thing is I have NO IDEA what this is for. I've received this letter after I got back from work so I haven't had a chance to contact the office number on the letter as of this post, however I plan to ring them on Monday morning (or contact them by email if all of you think that would be better).

I don't drive (I've seen past threads mentioning that this letter they received was for a driving fine) and I have never received a letter from any court advising me of any fine. I also haven't ever been to court in my life.

However, 2 weeks ago (before receiving this letter in my name). I received the same letter for a person with the same last name as me but a different first name. My partner contacted the office the following working day and they advised it was a case of mis-identification and promptly advised him we wouldn't receive any further letters.

Then come this letter and I have no idea what to do or where I stand with this. I am worried that even though this has nothing to do with me, because it has my name on they will ask ME to provide proof that it's nothing to do with me, instead of them providing the proof that IT IS to do with me.

I have read stuff about a 'statutory declaration' in past threads about people who have received similar letters from the same place, but I am not sure what a 'statutory declaration' is or if would even apply here.

Any help/advice would be HUGELY appreciated as I am going out of my mind!

Attached Files
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X