• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set aside requested due to wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set aside requested due to wrong address

Hi again...still ongoing with this so now need assistance.

Court case went ahead and the company received the CCJ re:my claim against them. They returned their defence albeit it wasn't much at all and didn't attend court.

I received today a letter from court for a request to set it aside as docs were sent to the wrong address.

This is against a business , it was the address that was listed on companies house then and the address is still the same on their correspondence from the court I received this morning.

They have also sent through a very long defence and 3 witness statements from their associates

What I am asking is if a company applies for a judgement to be set aside it must be for an actual reason.. The address I sent everything to is the same as it is today and they did respond to the original court papers as it was initially started on MCOL .

Their defence sent through to the original court hearing was very brief and they didn't attend

Secondly , I wasn't aware that at a set aside hearing they could issue another defence ..I am now not sure what happens and if I can respond to a set aside hearing before the court date which isn't until March next year .

The new court hearing is a long way away so wonder if it could be moved to the original court the first hearing was held
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X