• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Did my Judge actually set my allocation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my Judge actually set my allocation?

I am looking for some help?

on 17th December 2018 we bought a car from a used dealership and within 2 days we noticed heavy leaks in the car, they advised us to take it to a garage to try repair it, so we took it to the garage and they said it's costly to find the leaks and there maybe long term damage, so advised us to reject it.

We followed the rules to the book including trying to resolve it and found we cannot risk and then we submitted rejection letter and the dealership confirmed refund to be made in 14 days.

After 14 days the dealership advised in the email they accept they owe us the money but they are not in a financial position to do so at this time and that we should go small claims court!

obviously not happy about this but we paid the fee £180 and went to moneyclaims and they submitted to defend the case stating there is no problems with the car.

But we have emails and even confirmation transcripts of the dealership admitting there was a ding in boot etc.

Anyhow it has been allocated to our local court which now i regret! since i left my review email and almost 4 other customers are fighting for refunds also same dealership and 1 went court and they said they don't need a hearing because the evidence is black and white shows they owe the monies simple as that and threw their defense out.

Not my court though they lost my case file not once but twice they lost it before it went to the judge and then they lost it again when i chased it a week later.

I called them on 5th June is was going to judge it should of been sent in May as it was transferred in April, I called 7 days after 5th and told it should be up there, I then called on 26th June to be told they cannot find my file.

They called me back that day to say they found it stuffed at back of file cabinet? the woman assured me they have it on the judges desk.

I called back on 2nd July and they were lost about the case and said they go see judge now and resolve it.

5th July my allocation comes down my date is set for November 2019 and lovely £355 fee to go with it.

I put a complaint in because i strongly believe the heat of the moment that office decided on my allocation not the judge and to get rof me calling them they sent me this allocation.

The allocation states the judge set my allocation date on 21st June but only on 4th July i was told it had been looked at!

I am boiling because they sent me an email stating this is the choice and if i want a 2nd review of the case i need to pay £355 for another court to look at it.

I strongly feel that a case so simple if looked at correctly and evidence asked for it not need a hearing so my question is simple did this judge look at my case or did the court staff do this allocation?

What can I do?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X