• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mediation offered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation offered

Hi,

I recently entered a defence using the template from this site (changing it where applicable). My main argument is that the claim should be statute barred.

Lowell responded to me via email saying they will look into my request for the requested documentation (I asked for proof of agreement etc) but also said a payment was last paid to the debt in December 2013 meaning it was not statute barred and asked the I reconsider my position.

This claim is incorrect as I checked my online banking and no payment was made 2013. The debt defaulted in 2010 with the original creditor and no payment has been made to any debt agency.

I advised them them that the payment they refer to did not take place and asked them for proof. They have ignored this request (along with my original requests) and I have now had a letter come through requesting mediation.
    I understand from this forum that I should accept mediation but I am worried going into this call and being pushed into accepting the debt. Is there anyway I can put pressure on them to respond to my defence before this call? Surely they need to provide evidence of a payment being made in the last 6 years if I am stating it is statute barred?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X