• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ vs Writ of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ vs Writ of Control

My introductory thread (see link below - no need to read just for info) covered this but I need to make a final submission to HCEOA by Tuesday for a complaint against DCBL.

This is the issue I need help with:

At a hearing in 2017, the judge set aside a CCJ against my wife and made a verbal order that my car (yes, my car - not hers, but I digress) seized two months earlier by DCBL should be returned. Present at the hearing were my wife, her lawyer and the claimant but not DCBL. All three present agree that the judge ordered the car returned, although at the time the claimant kept referring us to DCBL.

DCBL’s refused to return the car (as per their evidence pack) is they claim to only work off court-sealed documents and the court order issued said the CCJ was set aside but made no mention of the writ or the car.

However, the N244 asking for the hearing explicitly asked for the CCJ and the writ to be set aside. Surely, it would have been strange for the judge to set aside the CCJ but want the writ to stay in place while simultaneously ordering the only action taken under the writ reversed? When I contacted the High Court that issued the writ enquire about the status of the writ, they said that the writ automatically falls away if there is no outstanding adverse judgment and said my wife's file had been passed back to the local court.

This (see attached) from Mason Bullock's web page seems to support this:

Of course, the judge was asked specifically about the car.

The local court are rubbish and have ignored all enquiries, including a Subject Access Request issued three months ago.

Can anyone point me to the actual law (if it exists) saying that a writ falls away and all action should be reversed if the CCJ on which it depends is set aside?

Secondly, was the judge at fault in not being more explicit or would he have understood it to be an automatic process?

Is there any way I can contact the judge directly?

NB We eventually had to settle out of court to get the car back even though the judge ordered its return.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...39270-ccj-writ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by billybee; 5th April 2019, 12:57:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X