• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breach of Court Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breach of Court Order

As many regulars will know I have been having a long ongoing dispute through the Small claims track in the county court regarding ownership and contact with a dog given to me by my Daughter from my first marriage which my second wife took and despite a mediated court agreement she has refused to let me see My dog for over a year.
    Well we ended up back in court last Friday and the upshot was that the Judge for whatever reason chose not to hear the case for ownership of the dog but decided to broker a deal for me to have contact with My dog and it was agreed that I would have My Dog one weekend a month from 6pm on a Friday to 6pm on the Sunday, the dog to be collected by my neighbour.
    Well the allotted start date came today at 6pm and my neighbour went to collect My Dog and well as my ex has done throughout she has took no notice of the court and she was not home and whilst I am upset I guess not unexpected as she has took absolutely no notice of all previous court directions in this matter a point I tried to raise to the attention of the court last week that she has chose to ignore this time
    Are there special rules regarding how I get this enforced by the court and indeed should I be now using this point to get the court to do what it should have done at the outset and took note of the legal premise that in law a dog is a chattel of the marital home and should not have been taken without agreement and indeed further was a direct gift to myself and therefore not up for contest in the division of assets during the divorce?
    I read on Google but not sure how courts in reality deal with Breaches of a court order as Google suggests this is considered contempt of court and as such punishable by either fine or imprisonment, is this actually how seriously the courts will deal with this?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X