• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

HAWKHAM83

Search
    LogoOpen Menu FORUMTOP NEED ADVICE

POST REPLYSUBSCRIBED
    PostsLatest Activity
    • FILTER

• HawkHam83
      HAWKHAM83
      #1 Need advice

Today, 11:07:AM
      Hi, I recently took my children on holiday. They do not live with me and I had asked rhe school if I could take them and was told no.. So I knew that there would be a fine. I had read its £60 per parent per child per week. So £240. When I returned from holiday after about two weeks my ex and her partner received a fine. But I did not get one. I assumed that they had thought since my children live there that the fines should go there. I transferred the money to my ex and marked it down as kids holiday fine. She paid and showed me these fines were paid. 6 months later I get a letter through the door from West mercia enforcement centre saying I owe £634. I phoned ro see what it was about and was told. I hadn't paid my holiday fine. I said two fines were paid and I had assumed the wrong name was on the form as I had not received a letter. They told me they sent letters out but it was my old address so I did not know about them. They also told me I missed a court date. I have always been on the electrol role and had changed my address with the school so couldn't understand why I had not received a letter yet I managed to receive a letter at my address now. I explained what had happened and even sent proof of payments and sent all my bank transactions. They then sent another letter to pay £25 a week or else face further fines and even maybe arrested. Two of these letters are not even signed. They seem unprofessional. What can I do. I would like to Go to court to sort this out as in my defense I have paid. I knew my ex wouldn't pay although she claims "our fines were paid" Yes because I paid the money. So it looks like I haven't paid a fine. But why pay £634. Seems extreme. Any advice on this is much appreciated. Chris hamilton.
      Tags: None
      • Thank Post0
      + More Options

Write something...

POST REPLYPREVIEWCANCEL
    View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted. Court Claim ?

GUIDES AND LETTERS LATEST NEWS

• Christmas & New Year 2018 Benefits, Posting, Court and Bank Opening Dates

2018 – 2019 COURT Crown Courts, County Courts and the Royal Courts of Justice will close over the Christmas period on: Tuesday 25 December 2018 Wednesday 26 December 2018 Thursday 27 December 2018 Tuesday 1 January 2019 Some emergency courts may operate over the holiday. Please check before travelling. Seethe…..

4th Dec 2018, 1:41 pm
    • FCA petition for Total Debt Relief Limited to be wound up.

On 11 September 2018, The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) obtained an urgent High Court Order appointing a Provisional Liquidator in respect of Total Debt Relief limited (TDR), to protect its customers’ money. The FCA is also petitioning for TDR to be wound-up, the petition for this will be heard at a…..

13th Sep 2018, 4:29 pm
    • FCA Consultation on Unfair Terms

On 17 May 2018, the FCA launched a consultation on proposed guidance on variation terms under unfair terms legislation (GC18/2).The consultation follows the previous withdrawal of historic unfair terms guidance following the introduction of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The consultation document briefly discusses the historic situation, the legislative provisions…..

23rd
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X