• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement agents wanting payment for Ct after tenant left.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement agents wanting payment for Ct after tenant left.

High there, I would appreciate some help.
    One og my lodgers moved into my property in January informing his local council (Derby City) by phone of the date of his leaving. He then moved into my property on the 23rd January 2018. Shortly after he got Local housing allowance, which is paid to me and had his PIP and ESA payment addresses moved to my address.
    Recently he was in hospital for surgery. While he was there I had a visit from and enforcement agent working for Bristow and Sutor.
    It turn out that his old council have taken him to court for non payment of council tax. There are five incidents which each have a charge attached.
    However the council are charging him council tax up to april of this year. Surely he cannot be liable . the landlord is a rouge, the property was squalid damp and ridden with bed bugs. The landlord was asked for a copy of the tenancy agreement which he has refused to supply. My lodger was given a copy when moved into the property 20 years ago. I believe the ex ll has been claiming LHA for my lodger up to April.
    He has money management problems due to the large amount of opiate and other medication he takes for pain.

My questions are as follows.
    1) what do we do about the dates for which he isn't liable. Do I approach Derby and ask them to remove the case in toto or just for the dates after he moved out.
    2) is our car at risk from overenthusiastic clamping? If so what do we do about it. (My lodger cannot drive and does not have even a provisional licence.)
    3) Are other lodgers goods at risk? Should i do anything.
    4) The lodger lives in a garden annexe completely detached from the main house. If the EA gains entry to that building does that count as gaining entry to the main building?
    Last edited by seduraed; 15th October 2018, 20:35:PM. Reason: tags

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X