• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Problem

Last week, I had a small claims court case, the details of which isn't really important as my question is about the judge. I lost the case, but it seems to me that the judge was having a bad day and he took it out on me! The person who had taken me to court had included all fees and the income loss for the day were included in the total amount that he claiming against me. But at the end the judge decided to add the fees and the another £95 on top of what he was claiming again, and almost doubled the amount the I have to pay now.

I tried to explain to him that he was making an error but he wasn't hearing me and threatened to kick me out of the room. Does that seem normal? Is there a way to make a complaint about this judge and maybe get another hearing? I feel that the decision was really unfair, and his general attitude towards me was really dismissive and disdainful.

Just to clarify, the following is the details of the break down of the claim:
    £90 refund for the service that he has paid for
    £60 filling fee
    £80 hearing fee
    £20 travel costs
    £350 income loss for attending court on the day

Total £600

After deciding in his favour and awarding the full amount claimed, the judge added the following on top of the amount claimed:
    £60 filling fee
    £80 hearing fee
    £95 income loss

Resulting in the amount of the claim going up to £835
    Last edited by BobaFettt; 27th February 2018, 13:23:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X