• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Falsely accused of shoplifting in Debenhams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice please help!!

Yes !!

Comment

I contacted my solicitor today and brought the issue to write to debenhams requesting my pproperty back. She then said she will try that has never been done so she is not sure they have kept them. I then asked her since there are mine i would expect to get them anyway after the trial she then said well maybe if you were to be acqitted of which at this point you wont!!! that statement has been in my head especially coming from my solicitor. If she thinks that what is the cps meant to think. I am arranging a meeting to make sure we are on the same page and make sure she fights for me and have that negative attitude out but somehow am feeling real down about that slight comment she made.

Comment

Originally posted by privatetrey View Post
        I contacted my solicitor today and brought the issue to write to debenhams requesting my pproperty back. She then said she will try that has never been done so she is not sure they have kept them. I then asked her since there are mine i would expect to get them anyway after the trial she then said well maybe if you were to be acqitted of which at this point you wont!!! that statement has been in my head especially coming from my solicitor. If she thinks that what is the cps meant to think. I am arranging a meeting to make sure we are on the same page and make sure she fights for me and have that negative attitude out but somehow am feeling real down about that slight comment she made.
        Any criminal proceeding are subject to criminal burden of proof... Beyond reasonable doubt ie 90% probability you did it gov..
        If you write to the store simply asking for your property back this is a separate issue, it's a civil issue.. (Balance of probabilities)
        Any claim by yourself for your property back is in my view either irrelevant to criminal proceedings or beneficial as it effectively is your way of saying... Hang on I din't do anything wrong.... Ask for your stuff back.. Politely! :tongue2:

Comment

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
          Any criminal proceeding are subject to criminal burden of proof... Beyond reasonable doubt ie 90% probability you did it gov..
          If you write to the store simply asking for your property back this is a separate issue, it's a civil issue.. (Balance of probabilities)
          Any claim by yourself for your property back is in my view either irrelevant to criminal proceedings or beneficial as it effectively is your way of saying... Hang on I din't do anything wrong.... Ask for your stuff back.. Politely! :tongue2:
          Iam gonna write the letter myself and try make an appointment for this week so I can go and discuss the case further.
          how I wish a miracle happened and there was cctv to clear this up...😏😪

Comment

Iam gonna write the letter myself and try make an appointment for this week so I can go and discuss the case further.
            how I wish a miracle happened and there was cctv to clear this up...
            Listen if they fob you off with a 'we will see if you are innocent and then give you your stuff' sort of response... Then you can point out
            1) It's a gift... Generally in our society we don't hand proofs of purchase to a gifts recipient
            2) The store's policy is to allow exchanges of the wrong gift without a receipt
            and 3) I say this was bought and I own this... Prove otherwise (this turns the tables right back on them)
            As your solicitor says shoplifters don't ask for their stuff back, take it from an old shopkeeper!!!! :tongue2:

Comment

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
              Listen if they fob you off with a 'we will see if you are innocent and then give you your stuff' sort of response... Then you can point out
              1) It's a gift... Generally in our society we don't hand proofs of purchase to a gifts recipient
              2) The store's policy is to allow exchanges of the wrong gift without a receipt
              and 3) I say this was bought and I own this... Prove otherwise (this turns the tables right back on them)
              As your solicitor says shoplifters don't ask for their stuff back, take it from an old shopkeeper!!!! :tongue2:
              Will do just that write and post it myself and let her know and if she feels like she wants to help then she can otherwise Iam gonna ask for my stuff back
              Thank you
              i would have had a breakdown if it wasn't for this forum keeping me positive and keeping me fighting for my innocence.

Comment

Will do just that write and post it myself and let her know and if she feels like she wants to help then she can otherwise Iam gonna ask for my stuff back
                Thank you
                i would have had a breakdown if it wasn't for this forum keeping me positive and keeping me fighting for my innocence.
                I have dealt with shoplifters, I have caught them... So I know how they behave..... :tongue2:

Comment

Thank you for your help will keep u posted about the outcome of the letter and the response and the court proceedings
                  thank you so much

Comment

Good..... The store will respond.... When they do let us know...

Comment

Hi everyone
                      As I promised I will keep you informed how my case goes
                      Well it went well; the security guard was grilled and I felt sorry for him at the end coz his lies didn't get him anywhere
                      Ian happy I was found not guilty but the pain and the stress this caused me didn't go away. I had a good lawyer but then the police and the security guards stories had a lot of discrepancies and lots of lies that the security guard could not answer some questions asked; I wish I cld tell u in detail but it was a long process and all I can say is the security guard was just a mess.
                      I did write to Debenhams about my property prior to going to court and they replied saying the matter is in court and I shld contact them through their lawyers.
                      I have also received a number of letters from this company about civil matter and they want money for Debenhams security I can't remember their name but I have started to return to sender all letters without opening them.
                      I like to thank all of u who gave me advice on my breaking point and God bless u all.
                      I am still left with writing to Debenhams again about my property but at least the worst is over.
                      Thank you 🙌🏾

Comment

Thanks for posting and I'm glad it went your way.
                        Nightmare over

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X