• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wh smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wh smith

Hi, I did something really stupid and for a few months I was going into this shop, paying for one item on self checkout, and then leaving with maybe £50 or less items maybe once a week? Usually a couple of magazines. A book, a toy for my child. Nothing in excess of £20. I realised that I was being an awful idiot and stopped doing it.
    at the time of all this my mum had been sectioned and was receiving ect treatment and i was her carer, my dad lumped all the responsibility on me due to his drinking. Also my son had been lying about attending college and me and my partner had a lot of arguments about that. I was in some sort of trance
    anyway my question is, I went in there legit other day and I heard someone on the radio to a staff member say it's her with the stuff that i had in my hands. I was like omg. I dropped the stuff onto the side and left. There was a woman near the door but she didn't pull me and I left and went straight home.
    now I'm paranoid they're gonna pull up cctv of my past things and someone's gonna come to my door. I did stupidly use my card a few times in the past. Will the police come for me? I absolutely feel sick and like I want to die. I cant eat sleep or nothing. I obviously am very remorseful and finding it hard to move on. I won't be visiting the store ever ever again and never doing this again in my life
    Tags: None

Hi MENTYBHELP

Welcome to LB

Firstly, don't worry, it's done, you can't turn back the clock.

It is very, very unlikely anything is going to happen.

If it does as you have highlighted, there is quite a bit going on in your life.

People react differently to stressful situation, so maybe there are 'mitigating' circumstances.

What you need to do is book an appointment with your GP, see if he / she can advise on managing
    stressful situations etc.

When you think about it, do something you enjoy i.e. listen to music, watch tv, ring a friend etc.

Comment

Do you think anyone will be in contact with me regarding the past ones? I've never been caught in the store doing anything wrong. I'm absolutely terrified the police will come to my house

Comment

Originally posted by Mentybhelp View Post
        Do you think anyone will be in contact with me regarding the past ones? I've never been caught in the store doing anything wrong. I'm absolutely terrified the police will come to my house
        No, update the thread if anything materializes.

Comment

So to be clear, I didn't get caught doing anything so I should be in the clear? Obviously I'm going to the GP and I'm never doing anything again
          I haven't for a while and wasn't on the day. I just think they may have recognised me from the past

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X