• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shoplift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ellaica View Post
    where can i send it?
    You uploaded a photo, it's unreadable. We've seen them before, we know what they look like, the answer is the same, do nothing, get on with your day to day life.

Comment

I can read it on my large screen PC, it's their standard letter. Their usual creative attempts to make it seem something it isn't, trying to make people think that if they don't pay court proceedings will start.

They even head it "Letter before Claim" which might lead the inexperienced to think it is a PAPLOC, the last step before court proceedings are issued, whereas a PAPLOC actually has to be headed "Letter of Claim" [CPR 3.1] A small but important difference.

Only at the bottom is its true status disclosed "...ignoring this letter may lead to our client starting proceedings...". "May", but in our experience "won't". And makes clear it isn't up to RLP whether court proceedings are started, only Primark, in this case, could do that. And it's Primark [or their lawyers] who would have to issue the Letter of Claim, not RLP.

So the advice remains ellaica that you should ignore them. You will get more letters that sound very threatening. Eventually they stop sending them. You do not owe this money. When you get more letters post them up for us to see.
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

thank you so much for helping me not to worry about it.i’ll update once they sent me new letter

Comment

as of now i didn’t receive a letter yet,it’s been 2 weeks.

Comment

can i go to where i shoplift because where going there with my parents?they dont even know

Comment

Primark told you that are banned from that store and that was only 6 weeks ago. So do not back there now, they might remember you and stop you in the store. That would be very embarrassing for you if you were with your parents. So don't go in. If your parents want to go in I'm sure you can think up some reason not to go with them. Go and get a table and order them some coffees at a cafe or something.

Eventually - in a year's time, say - you will be able to go back there and they won't remember you any longer. But 6 weeks is too soon.
              All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

but i can go to different shops there?

Comment

but i can go to different shops there?
                  Yes to both.

Comment

can i go where i shoplift but not in primark in different shop?

Comment

As echatt11 has just answered, yes. Primark only banned you from Primark. Of course you can go anywhere else. Primark can't ban you from anywhere except their own store.

Comment

just an update we shop in primark and they didn’t even notice me im wearing a cap i think that’s why they didn’t notice me

Comment

just an update we shop in primark and they didn’t even notice me im wearing a cap i think that’s why they didn’t notice me
                          We can't comment on that, hats is an individual chose.

Comment

ellaica I really don't understand why you are bothering to ask us for advice on what you should wear to disguise yourself if you are determined to go back into Primark.

If you want to avoid the emarrassment of being identified when you are with your parents don't go into Primark. If you want to take the risk and go in anyway wear whatever you like. There's nothing legally they can do if you go into Primark again except stop you and make you leave. The issue you have is that your parents don't know but will do if Primark security stop you when your parents are with you.

Up to you.

Comment

i just got the 2nd letter,do i still ignore it?

Comment

Just their standard second letter. Continue to ignore.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X