• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How long for RLP letter to come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for RLP letter to come

About a month and a half ago I was told I’d receive an RLP letter. I’m already aware that these can be ignored but the amount of time it’s been since the incident has made me anxious. What is the normal amount of time for an RLP letter to be delivered? Is it possible they never sent it?
    Tags: None

Hi RFLWRS

Welcome to LB

If you can give a summary of what happened without personal details, that would be good.

Just because they said 'you would receive a letter', doesn't mean that you will receive a letter..

They no doubt say the 'same thing' thing to everyone they 'catch'

Because you haven't said what happened or the value, it's difficult to advise.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Hi RFLWRS

Welcome to LB

If you can give a summary of what happened without personal details, that would be good.

Just because they said 'you would receive a letter', doesn't mean that you will receive a letter..

They no doubt say the 'same thing' thing to everyone they 'catch'

Because you haven't said what happened or the value, it's difficult to advise.
      Thank you, I assume they get a lot of cases just like this. I forgot to mention I’m a minor so they didn’t get police involved and only called a parent.
      I got caught shoplifting some items. They got everything back but wrote down my address.
      I think the reason I’m so stressed is because I’m not sure if they’re investigating into anything? I’ve heard the store would have tons of cameras and keep footage of any criminal activity for later reference. I don’t know how true this is as they apparently have lots of cases just like this and I’ve rarely heard of people getting in serious trouble.

Comment

As a minor it is possible the civil recovery company will write to your parents.
        They shouldn't but some of those companies have a history of doing so under the guise of being concerned for the well being of a minor.
        Really all they are doing is trying to obtain a payment from the parents, to which payment they are not entitled.

If your parents are contacted, point them to this thread if they want advice or to discuss matters

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          As a minor it is possible the civil recovery company will write to your parents.
          They shouldn't but some of those companies have a history of doing so under the guise of being concerned for the well being of a minor.
          Really all they are doing is trying to obtain a payment from the parents, to which payment they are not entitled.

If your parents are contacted, point them to this thread if they want advice or to discuss matters
          That breaches Data Protection Regulations.

I'd be straight on to the ICO, seek compensation from them.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

That breaches Data Protection Regulations.

I'd be straight on to the ICO, seek compensation from them.
            Data protection law allows you to share information when required to identify children at risk of harm and to safeguard them from harm. (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...uard-children/)
            RLP have used that excuse in the past

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X