• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty scanner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty scanner

Writing on behalf of my sister as I have used this site previously and found the advice to be useful.

She was at the supermarket there were no staff to till her out only self check out. The screen kept freezing but there was no one to help she had spent an hour filling up a full trolley, so battled on trying to scan all her shopping. The bill was three figures which is typical so she wasn’t concerned. However when she got home (her partner who scan receipts as they are on a budget) noticed some 2/3 items had not scanned. He wants her to go back and pay for them, but she is worried if she did she would be accused of stealing. He is concerned as she used his car and he is
    paranoid they will observe her on cctv and inform the police giving his registration.The items are low value.

What should I advise her? This happened two weeks ago is it likely they would investigate
    Tags: None

To be honest I can see the husband's concern, but it's not going to happen, simply because the scenario you describe in your post.

If it was deliberate, your sister wouldn't have presented the items and receipt to the husband. An innocent mistake, no employees about to help, a large shop (as per usual), and low value items.

If she went in and paid for them, nothing is going to happen and this won't be the first time this has happened to the store.

Update the thread if anything happens, very, very remote.

The police haven't got time to entertain this.

I struggle with 4/5 items, I'm like can I remember my pin, have I put anything through twice, I spend several minutes going the terminal, then the annoying AI, saying good bye loudly. Then I've got a face looking at me, until I realize it's me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X