• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting and investigations??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting and investigations??

Hi,
    recently got caught shoplifting, under 18 so they just called a parent and said I’d be fined. I looked into it and I understand that people generally advise to ignore RLP letters. They got back what I took and they basically let me off and were nice about it. They asked if I’ve done it before, I said I have once before.

What if someone got caught and they got the stolen stuff back, but they looked into it and found they had more taken stuff before? Will further action be taken and they’d have more to deal with than just RLP letters?
    I’m not sure how much this store looks into stuff like this as shoplifting seems to be getting more popular in this particular store (it’s Primark, if that helps). I don’t know if they’ll look into past incidents at all.
    within the same building, I’ve been caught once before, months ago, in a different store but they let me off with a warning and didn’t take my name or anything, plus I paid for the items in the end.
    Obviously I won’t be doing this stuff again. Can someone help?
    Tags: None

Hi RFLWES

Welcome to LB

Try not to worry,

What you will receive is some speculative invoices with no breakdown of any costs. These costs are already built into their business model. Unless you receive a visit from the police, which is very unlikely or Court Papers which is extremely unlikely, get on with your day to day stuff. If you receive anything else just update the thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X