• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesco scan and shop help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco scan and shop help

Hi, so times have been really tough and really stupidly I have been not scanning some items on Tesco scan and shop. I’ve had the routine checks and never been caught out but today on a service check something wasn’t scanned so got a full trolley check. The lady at the time was in a rush and didn’t say anything when she rescanned it all, I paid and left, apologised profusely and she just said don’t worry. This was a big monthly shop and was a difference of about £50 between what I’d scanned and what I then paid for, all nappies and some food bits. I work in a job that requires a clean DBS, so am feeling sick to my stomach at how bad this could be, from what I’ve searched online it seems to vary massively on consequences but can’t seem to find anything where the staff didn’t say anything at all at the time and just rescanned and allowed to pay and leave, just wondered if anyone had any advice?
    I am aware how stupid and awful this is :-(
    Tags: None

Did the Tesco staff member ask you for your name address or your ID or call the police or ban you from the store? If not nothing can or will happen because they don't know who you are.

Consider it a close escape and stop stealing.
    Last edited by PallasAthena; 23rd July 2023, 15:58:PM.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hi KATM

Welcome to LB

Try to calm down.

O.K. it happened, nothing was said, you paid for everything, security wasn't called, police weren't called, you were not banned, so don't overthink it.

Unless they have a lot of time on their hands then this the end of the matter. If anything does transpire update the thread.

If you are struggling, there is help out there, as a last resort contact your MP he / she can find help for you, food vouchers etc

Comment

Agree with all the above - just don't use the self scan at all and you will be fine

Comment

Thank you all so much! Didn’t take any details or even question/mention anything other than the initial thing that triggered the full trolley check, but because it’s linked to my Clubcard wondered if they’d be able to get details/act that way.
          Thank you all so much again for your kindness and help, lesson well and truly learnt that swallowing pride and asking for help from other places is definitely better than stealing!

Comment

Even if they could link it to your Clubcard that would prove nothing. You could easily have lent your clubcard to someone else. When you use a Clubcard in Tesco you aren't asked to prove who you are. You just produce the card/app. You could be anybody who has access to the card/app.

They won't bother even trying to link you to the transaction. If they wanted to do that they would have done it at the time.

Stop worrying, don't do it again. Another time they might be less busy and decide to involve security,
            All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hello, just wondered if anything came from this? I have found myself in a very similar situation but with a lot less value of items and I am also very worried, like the OP they did not ask me for any information, I paid for all my items and left the shop. Will they press charges or just leave it as it’s my first time?

Comment

Originally posted by Aldol View Post
                Hello, just wondered if anything came from this? I have found myself in a very similar situation but with a lot less value of items and I am also very worried, like the OP they did not ask me for any information, I paid for all my items and left the shop. Will they press charges or just leave it as it’s my first time?
                Start your own thread with details.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X