• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP primark fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP primark fine

Hi, I’ve received a letter from RLP for £250 after taking a £3 pair of earrings on complete accident after paying for all of my goods. I offered to pay there and then but they wouldn’t let me.
    do I pay? Can they take me to court? Can they send bayliffs to my home?
    im so scared and worried.
    Tags: None

Hi &

I see you have posted on many threads asking what has happened to other posters.

Simply nothing ever happens, except they send you a number of begging letters asking you to send them money.

You will know the advice is to ignore them, 'cos eventually they give up!
    They won't start court proceedings and there will be no bailiffs banging on the door

Comment

What about the debt collection letters people have got?
      will it affect my credit score etc?

Comment

Debt collectors have no more power than RLP, so if you receive letters from them you can ignore them as well!
        No effect on your credit record.

Comment

How many letters will I roughly receive before them completely stopping? Thankyou for taking the time to answer me

Comment

It varies, but you can read their standard fare here; https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

Received my second letter, I don’t know whether I’m going to give in and pay it with worry. Im so unsure what to do

Comment

Originally posted by bellawerk12 View Post
                Received my second letter, I don’t know whether I’m going to give in and pay it with worry. Im so unsure what to do
                Refer to Des's post No.2.

All they have sent is a speculative invoice, no break down of costs because their costs are built into their business model, security, admin etc.Totally ridiculous, hold firm, do not pay them, nothing is going to happen.

Comment

I just keep reading the letter they handed me in primark, what if they did send me a letter to take me to court what would I do then .
                  secondly I’ve misplaced / binned the second letter off them should I have kept it?

Comment

"they" are very good at playing on peoples fears and ignorance, so stop reading their rubbish if it upsets you.

Threatograms are their stock in trade, and are designed to worry victims into paying their outrageous demands

The time to think about court is when you receive proper court papers (which you won't for this incident)

Recommend keeping their letters so you can read them later and laugh. Doesn't matter if you discard them

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                      "they" are very good at playing on peoples fears and ignorance, so stop reading their rubbish if it upsets you.

Threatograms are their stock in trade, and are designed to worry victims into paying their outrageous demands

The time to think about court is when you receive proper court papers (which you won't for this incident)

Recommend keeping their letters so you can read them later and laugh. Doesn't matter if you discard them
                      Exactly this.

Comment

If I do receive court papers is there then an option to pay the fine? Instead of going to court?

Comment

It is not a "fine".
                          It is a demand for money.

You will not receive a court claim, but if you did you could dispute the claim (or pay it )

Comment

I’ve received my 3rd letter which says I have 14 days to pay or further action & county court. I’m so worried

Comment

Just put it in a drawer and await the next letter.
                              Their aim is to pressure and frighten you into paying.
                              They are past masters at that, so it is not surprising if you feel concerned, as that is their aim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X