• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rlp 1st letter- what to do??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rlp 1st letter- what to do??

Hello,

A friend and I were stopped inside primark after being seen concealing approx £200 of clothes each.

No police were called and we were given a 3 year ban along with being told we would both recieve a fine in the post. I have received my letter/'fine' today, demanding £215!

I have spent a few hours reading the other Rlp threads and I am not familiar with anyone receiving a 'fine' for this much so am asking today: Are Rlp/Primark more likely to persue summoning me to court than someone who's fine was less than mine? Or should I just ignore this letter and the 5 more they send? I
    I do not want to police or bailiffs at my door. Can anyone reassure me I will be fine if I ignore their letters, or should I phone them up to discuss a payment plan?

Many thanks for any replies!
    Tags: None

Just ignore it.

The value of the goods has no bearing on their right to demand money for dreamed up losses

It is not a fine (only the courts issue fines, police and certain authorities issue penalties)
    You will not be "summonsed" to court. The most they could do is issue a county court claim (which yhey won't!)
    Bailiffs (court enforcement officers) would only arrive after you lost a county court claim, neglected to pay the award and then ignored letters from the CEO So no they will not arrive.

The chances of the police being involved are so close to zero it is not worth worrying about them

.....and certainly don't contact them as it maqkes them think they have you hooked and they then redouble their efforts to part you from your money

Comment

As Des8 says, what they have sent is a 'speculative invoice', doesn't have a proper breakdown of any genuine costs.

These costs they are claiming are covered in the day to day running of their business operations.

You'll get more letters ignore them.

Comment

"O" And please don't do it again.

Comment

The value of the clothes is strange - how could anyone conceal £200 worth of clothes in primark when t shirts are about £4 and most items are under £20?

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
            The value of the clothes is strange - how could anyone conceal £200 worth of clothes in primark when t shirts are about £4 and most items are under £20?
            Islandgirl, I was going to post something similar earlier, but had second thoughts.

I'm thinking they were T - shirts at £5 each, they were worn on top of each other, but then the guys realized they couldn't get through the doors and by that time it was too late, security arrived.

I've used 'artistic license' in my post, no posters were harmed in the making of this post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X