• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banned From Tesco, Police called but didn't come, Stressed about what happens next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NasNus View Post
    Hi all, just to update this thread. I never did hear anything back from the police and we never received any RLP letters either.

However, of course given what had happened we couldn't return to Tesco and moved to another supermarket for our weekly shopping. To our shock however we saw the same security guard that caught us at Tesco in this new store. Initially I don't think he recognised us and I reasoned we weren't doing anything wrong so had nothing to fear, and not much happened for a while but recently I think he recognised us (though I'm not sure how given we still always wear masks and he's never seen our faces I don't think). He followed us through the store in a rather comical fashion pretending to be looking at items, but obviously on our heels. We paid and left without issue but he did follow us outside the store and look at the car and presumably wrote down the plate number. When my partner went again he followed her around but abandoned the effort half way through. This has all been rather stressful and has brought back a lot of anxiety and guilt and shame about the whole initial episode.

It's got me wondering if we should also stay away from that store? I'm becoming worried we'll turn up one day and he'll call the police given they never contacted us. It's been nearly 6 months but I still worry I'll get a random visit one day from the police and my life will be ruined. It's also got me worried the police keep a file on me, and although I mean to avoid any trouble like the plague, I also worry should I ever encounter or need the police that I'll be in the system and get charged.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thank you for all the replies so far
    You really have nothing to worry about, maybe shop when more people are shopping if you aren't feeling confident.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

You really have nothing to worry about, maybe shop when more people are shopping if you aren't feeling confident.
      Why do you think there's nothing to worry about? Do you think the security guy has no standing to call the police if we are shopping properly or do you think the police never logged / attempted to follow the case up? I don't mean to question what you say, I know I wronged and don't deserve sympathy, but I also just feel haunted by this whole thing/ unable to let it go given all the unknowns.

Comment

Originally posted by NasNus View Post

Why do you think there's nothing to worry about? Do you think the security guy has no standing to call the police if we are shopping properly or do you think the police never logged / attempted to follow the case up? I don't mean to question what you say, I know I wronged and don't deserve sympathy, but I also just feel haunted by this whole thing/ unable to let it go given all the unknowns.
        You are shopping at a different supermarket chain. So his job is to protect the product of that supermarket, not do anything else regardless of any suspicions he might have. You are worrying for no reason.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X