• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP after 2 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP after 2 years

Hi all, in need of some advice.

As you will see from my previous threads, I was receiving letters from RLP regarding shoplifting 2 years ago in 2019. I was at university then and had my mail redirected when I left that uni house and moved to another university house. Since 2020, I have not had any mail redirected but I have randomly just thought about RLP and was wondering what to do about that pending 'fine.

I read on this forum to not let their letters go somewhere I cannot collect but as they are going to my previous uni house I have no way of collecting them. I have also attempted to redirect them from my previous address to my current one on the Royal Mail website but have not been able to do so.

At this point, should I just pay the charge and get it out of the way as I have no way of collecting/responding to any letters they may have sent or could send in the future?
    pls advise
    Tags: None

No, do not pay. They may well have given up and you are not receiving anything because there is nothing. It is not a fine, it has no authority behind it, private companies cannot issue fines.

They claim it is for losses but there has been no loss. They did try court once but got soundly thrashed by the judge and haven't tried since.

have a look around for the RLP Oxford case.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Ostell! I guess my concern is the fact that I have no way of knowing IF they are sending letters as I have no access to my previous address.

is it worth calling them up and providing them with my new address, so if they do decide to harass me at least I will be the recipient of the letters and they will not go to an address I cannot access?

Comment

Do not contact them, it will only encourage them to start again

Comment

So you are suggesting to leave it?

I am just worried that in the off chance they SEND a letter before claim or a court order, I will not be aware of it at all? And the repercussions of that would be massive?

Comment

As said they got thoroughly thrashed in court the last time and have not been willing to try again.

If they don't know where you are how can they send a letter before claim?

Comment

Because they still have my previous address to send any correspondence to? But the only thing I have moved to a different address so IF they do send anything I have no way of receiving it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X