• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting M&S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you im new here only made a account so i was able to comment thank you very much

Comment

You might get a letter from RLP asking for a sum of money to compensate them for the loss. There has been no loss. Do not pay.

RLP tried court once and went away with their tail between their legs after a drumming from the judge

Comment

ok thank you very much will keep u guys updated...ive noticed no ones told us an ending everyones story i have read i havent found a outcome...i emailed a very long email to primark lets see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by sam781 View Post
          ok thank you very much will keep u guys updated...ive noticed no ones told us an ending everyones story i have read i havent found a outcome...i emailed a very long email to primark lets see what happens
          That is because things just peter out. There is no sudden ending, just a series of letters.
          If the advice was wrong we, and other forums, would have been inundated with tales of woe and complaints of "you gave wrong advice"

Comment

Hi, what if I知 in the same situation - first time stealing and caught, it was baby clothes but it came up to 」244. Same situation as with Lucy, I offered to pay as much as I could, it was refused, police was called, but they were busy and after an hour I was released saying it痴 logged incident with police and they will come at some point to check cctv and will decide on my punishment. I知 absolutely terrified I will go to jail or they will take my 18m old baby away from me. I知 physically sick and can稚 function, that痴 how terrified I知. They have my picture, my id details with address and phone number. I wish to turn back time.

Comment

Nikijan

Relax, you will not go to jail, nor will your child be taken from you.

The police will probably contact you at some time and request to speak with you.
              Agree to do so, but only with a solicitor accompanying you.
              This is your right and will safeguard you.
              If you do not have your own solicitor ask for the duty solicitor to accompany you. His services are free.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I found on Google you can be arrested for up to 7 years for shoplifting over 」200 and I知 really freaking out. May I ask why would I need solicitor if they just want to speak to me and not arrest me? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Nikijan View Post
                  Thank you so much for your help. I found on Google you can be arrested for up to 7 years for shoplifting over 」200 and I知 really freaking out. May I ask why would I need solicitor if they just want to speak to me and not arrest me? Thank you
                  So you don't 'incriminate' yourself, so easy to do by saying the wrong thing. Your 'rights' are protected.

You are 100% not going to prison, providing there isn't a history.

Distract yourself when you start thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikijan View Post
                    As echat11 you need the solicitor's presence to protect you from yourself and the police!

In this instance the police are not your friends, and if they invite you in for "a chat" it will be for an interview under caution.
                    It is important you do not go without a solicitor.
                    The police will arrange for the duty solicitor to attend if you do not have your own

Comment

But I知 guilty, I have to agree I知 guilty. They have cctv of me taking the items. I知 sorry I知 just so out of it I can稚 even think straight. How otherwise I could incriminate myself? I don稚 want to make it worse with police for asking for solicitor

Comment

I just read now that the interview will give me opportunity to explain and if they find evidence during the interview that I have committed the offence I may be prosecuted. They already have evidence and I have to agree, what does prosecuted mean? Going to court? I知 loosing my mind

Comment

Never ever attend a "voluntary" interview with the police without a solicitor in tow.

There are procedures to be followed, rules to be observed and the solicitor will ensure your rights are not infringed.
                          Even if guilty of the alleged incident you still have rights

As the amount involved is over 」200 the matter could end up in court.
                          A solicitor will be able to advise you so that risk is minimised, and you end up with some form of community resolution.
                          Do not attend without a solicitor

Comment

NikiJan you made an error of judgement, just a momentary lapse. Be kind to yourself, distract yourself, this can be resolved, try not worry about it. Use this thread, update with events and we can advise.

You offered to pay for stuff, but they wouldn't let you, that says you wanted to do the right thing.

You need a solicitor so they don't steamroller you into admitting stuff you didn't do, so it's best to have a solicitor to protect your interests.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X