• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Self Scan Till - RLP letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Scan Till - RLP letter

Hi
    Im new here so hope I’m not repeating a previous thread (I did check but couldn’t find anything)
    I used a Self Scan Till at my local Supermarket and only had 2 items, one was £6:00 and one £0.50p. I’ve scanned the £0.50 one twice and been charged £1.00
    Realised this was a stupid thing to do and went back in a couple of days later and paid the £6.00. I had no receipt for the £1.00 I had paid but showed the staff the transaction on my phone banking. They were sound about it and said it would be fine but I’m now terrified of getting an RPL letter after reading some of the stuff on here as I’m guessing the Cameras in the Self Scan are recorded and surveyed elsewhere and they would not be aware the item had now been paid for.
    Any advice on how to stop this escalating please?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

If you get an RLP letter then just ignore. If the staff took no action then there is no problem. If there are cameras in the self scan, though I doubt it, then they are not going to put someone in front of the image and look for you. It's not worth it.

Comment

Thanks Ostell, I never gave my details to the staff, just thought they could trace you from the card payment? Is that even possible?

Comment

You would be amazed what is possible these days so the answer to your question is yes.

Regarding your original post, there would be no point sending you a Retail Loss Prevention letter because due to your honesty they have had full restitution.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X