• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifted from small retailing stores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifted from small retailing stores

So basically except the zoo's gift shop, all the other stores I have shoplifted are small stores instead of large chain retailing stores. Does this mean the store owners are more likely to report and email my CCTV footage to police?

I still have the stuff I shoplifted. I think each time I shoplifted stuff below or around 10 pounds. Besides, I shoplifted in different cities since I was on a school trip. And because we came from Asia we have obvious appearances.

(I suppose I just need some comfort words like I am 100% sure u would not have police record LOL)
    Tags: None

Please stop making multiple posts.
    Nothing is going to happen
    You will not have a police record

Comment

Thank u for ur reply. So sorry its just this keeps panicing me.
      Can't stop thinking what about zoo's staff found out according to my photo ID?

Also, I am not sure about whether I have received any reprimand, caution or warning? I suppose in order to receive either one of them I have to at least hand over the stolen staff to the police then? I have a very vague memory about this trip now I am only pretty sure that I have never handed over my stolen stuff to anyone though.
      ​​​

Comment

You are obviously frightening yourself with imagining all sorts of scenarios that have no basis in reality.
        If you had been cautioned surely you would recall an interview with the police?
        How long ago were these incidents?

Perhaps you should seek medical help

Comment

It was a school trip in 2012 (late July to early August). My biggest fear is that if the Home Office finds out, I will get a 10-year ban, which will destroy not only my family (ironic though the reason for my shoplifting was partially due to one of my family member), but my future. Since I am already a student studying over-seas, if my visa is being rejected, almost all the other countries will also reject my visa application. Would be the end of my future.

I have been seeing medical help and taking medicines for a while (Thank u for ur concern)

Comment

I do afraid that they will choose to chase me afterwards and I have tried my best to comfort myself by telling myself "each is of small value and they mostly will not care".

Comment

If they haven't chased you by now then they will not be. Any CCTV will have been erased by now as part of the recycling of the data.

Comment

Yeah I agree that by now there will be nothing. I am afraid that before I left they already told the police/ the police already took down my name and DOB (since it was a school trip I suppose my personal info is not very hard to get, my teacher may write down my info and the shop owner would know it was me), the police already posted it in the National Database. So if I apply for visa the info will automatically show up.

Comment

How do you know the police have posted it on the database? That would be after conviction, you weren't

Comment

So I am not being chased by police then? Cause I see police post cctv footage of suspects on Facebook. My biggest fear will be when I apply for visa, I am being rejected because I fail the good character test. And the refusal letter will say sth like u said u haven't been shoplifted but we find a CCTV footage/ a photo/ an description of a shoplifting suspect that has proved to be u. ( My appearance doesnt change at all, all my friends think I just become taller.)

Its the possible consequence of a 10-year ban visa refusal that drives me insane. So sry

Comment

Unless you have been convicted of an offence, or received a caution there will be no record of your misdemeanours any where at all.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                        Unless you have been convicted of an offence, or received a caution there will be no record of your misdemeanours any where at all.
                        Thank you thank you... I have been trying my best to remember whether or not the police had issued me a fine/caution/warning/reprimand.
                        Honestly speaking, I even cant remember how I shoplifted & how many goods I shoplifted. I only have a rough count of the goods I shoplifted. As for the stores' location, I cant be sure.

That's why I am afraid that I may be given a fine/caution/warning/reprimand but I forget. But since I have no memory of police interview of any of them at all & my English was pretty poor back then, I think I may have not received one.

Comment

I am extremely afraid that my zoo shoplifting past will be found out.
                          The zoo has its own parking lot. So the surveillance caught the licence plate. Our teacher bought the tickets, I don't know how much my personal info the zoo's' could get.

​​​​​​But basically its very easy for them to get my name , DOB and even my passport number.

Terribly afraid that they already reported the incident to the police.

Comment

But not for a keyring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not only a keyring, I think I may(extremely likely) also have shoplifted a bracelet. Total would be around 10p.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X