• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

One last question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last question

I
    I am very grateful for the previous reply, but there is only one concern I hope to be answered.

Its just sometimes I keep thinking that MAYBE one of the store owners had my CCTV footage and passed it to police. Its just because I left the country so quickly that they couldnt catch me.:(

Previous content: Hello everyone, so in 2012 when I was under 16 on a trip to U.K I shoplifted three or four stores, cant remember the exact stores but the total stuff I toke was about 40 pounds. I know what I did was terribly wrong and I am ashamed of it. At that time I was suffering from severe mental issues, peer pressure, family troubles and my wallet was stolen during that trip. Not trying to explain since what I did was so wrong. I was not caught and no police was involved at least till I left.
    My mental state is normal now and I have got over all these issues. I am planning to apply for a uni in London, however i am terribly afraid that my visa will be rejected because the home office will find out that I have shoplifted and got away. If this happens all my efforts will be in vain, I know I sound a little bit ridiculous but I just cant stop thinking about this. Can someone give me some advice or just help me to calm down please?
    Last edited by qwerdfgzsvz; 11th September 2020, 04:33:AM.
    Tags: None

No one is going to search hours of CCTV in the hopes of finding a possible shoplifter.
    And if perchance they did spot something they aren't going to put all the effort of informing the police (who will file it anyway) in the faint hope of being able to identify the person.
    The police don't start manhunts over petty thieving.
    Relax and put it behind you.

Comment

Thanks! Its just its the rule that after arriving in London I need to go to the police station to give them my photo, name and address. The police will archive my personal info. Just worrying about they may find out my shoplifting history when I give them my personal info.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        No one is going to search hours of CCTV in the hopes of finding a possible shoplifter.
        And if perchance they did spot something they aren't going to put all the effort of informing the police (who will file it anyway) in the faint hope of being able to identify the person.
        The police don't start manhunts over petty thieving.
        Relax and put it behind you.
        Thanks! Its just its the rule that after arriving in London I need to go to the police station to give them my photo, name and address. The police will archive my personal info. Just worrying about they may find out my shoplifting history when I give them my personal info.

Comment

They will not as there will be no record

Comment

So I think now I can just put the whole thing behind me and move on then?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X