• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rlp notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rlp notice

Hi all, I went primark yesterday and was about there for 2 hours, I had paid for a pair of boots, I paid for them, but then I stayed looking for some cosmetics, because they were small I put them in the primark bag, but I was really lost in my mind to the fact that I had to go home by 3 and also go to GAP, to change a hoodie, I totally forgot to pay and left the store with the eyebrow pencil, and eyelash glue still in my hand and left the store. I was stopped just a few seconds later and brought back to the shop.
    I was then taken into the detention room and found to have 20,50 goods still left to pay, the staff were really rude and did not let me explain me, argued the fact that I should have used the huge basket for just few things. I was also ready to pay for it, because I am not one of those person that would steal, I had good 30£ cash and a bank card with me, that had like 200£ in it. I did not see any reason for them to behave in that certain way. I then asked them politely is I just could remove one of the thing cause I picked it twice. The lady then refused to to let me pay for it, took my name and address *and was handed a RLP paper and told that I was getting a fine and if I couldn’t pay for it then I would call a certain number, because I am 17.*

I am really embarrassed by this fact that they told me to go home because all the stores will be informed about it. But then I did go to GAP and changed the hoodie, for which I was lost in my mind and stopped. But still I am concerned about the fact that I haven’t told my parents about it cause they will be really disappointed. I have been scared since and cannot sleep at night. I am really terrorised about it.

Ihave seen many posts saying that I should just ignore the letters, but I’m really confused about the fact that what should I do, I am willing to pay for an amount that is payable by me, but all the advice posts I have seen they recommend not to. I was wondering if this would be criminal act if I don’t pay for it. What should I do about it? Do I pay or not? If there is anyone that can help me out, please can you let me know ASAP. Thank you*
    Tags: None

Hi, welcome and stop fretting.

Firstly you will receive a letter from RLP asking for shed loads of cash.
    It is not a fine, but an invoice for imagined losses they claim Primark sustained because of your actions.
    The letter will sound horribly legal, but is only a threat and should be ignored.
    Several years ago RLP did recommend one of their clients take two admitted shoplifters to court. RLP's client lost heavily so they no longer do that.

They will send you a series of letters, which you can read here: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf
    They can be ignored.

I would suggest you mention this incident to your parents.
    It will be difficult for you and they will be disappointed, but hopefully they will support you.
    However we all make mistakes, and this was not the crime of the century (if a crime at all)
    If you don't tell your parents there is a possibility they will hear about it from a third party like RLP, which will be even worse.
    You will also have the stress of trying to keep it from your parents which might prove difficult with the arrival of several begging letters from RLP

Comment

So, should I pay, or just ignore the letters. Do you have any idea of how much money could it be? What if I get some advice from CAB. Thank you*

Comment

As already said you just ignore. Nothing will happen

Comment

That's right, you just ignore, ignore and ignore some more.

They will be asking for somewhere around £150 for imagined losses.
          They set themselves up as judge and jury and act like some sort of vigilante, ignoring our systems of justice

And IMO there is no point in going to CAB.
          The advice they give can vary from one office to another, but either way you pay or you ignore.
          We, and all other fora, advise that you ignore

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice, I will see what to do with it. It was really helpful. But I live in the Uk does these rules apply the same for me or it is only for a specific country.

Comment

This is a UK based forum

Comment

Thank you for your help.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X