• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught stealing from TK Maxx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught stealing from TK Maxx

Before i start I fully acknowledge that what I did was wrong and stupid and accept full responsibility for my actions but today I went Into tk maxx and put a number of items that added to the estimated total of over £100 I didn't do this because I wanted the items I did it to sell the items so I could pay my rent as I have hit difficult times after starting to repay debts I owe anyway I was stopped upon exiting the store and taken into a room by a security guard and was told to place everything on the desk I started shaking and apologising immediately because I knew I had done wrong and then he proceeded to say if he called the police I could lose my child because of this i was then told that he would do me a favour and not call the police but he would have to fine me with i think he called it a RLP but he didn't know how much it would be*

I have read a few threads on here and other sites which say all I will receive is a few letters and they give up ect I did this to pay my rent so I definitely wouldn't be able to pay the fine I'm just wondering because of the total of the items would the police or courts get involved if I do not pay
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Forgot to mention that none of the items was damaged and they had everything back

Comment

So if you've read the other threads you would have seen that you ignore RLP.* They cannot "Fine" anyone and there have been no losses.* If the police were not called then they will not appear now.

Comment

..... and that security goon was well out of order making threats about your child being removed from your care.
        Assuming this was a first offence, even if the police had been called and even if you had been prosecuted (most unlikely) you might have received a fine and perhaps community service (if you were unlucky and got a hang 'em high magistrate)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X