• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifted in multiple stores - UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifted in multiple stores - UK

Hi,** I’m new to the country and I have 15 months old baby... after taking my baby to the classes I had a lot of free time so I used to wander around the near by mall... it all started here, one day my baby took something from primark and had it in her hands I realised it after I came home... then I thought nobody will notice me and we can take teeny Meeny items... and I did shoplift from primark boots hnm marks and Spencer and tkmaxx a lot.... like a lot.... got caught in tkmaxx they told me to empty my bag and took their items and some lipsticks which I took from boots that day...( they didn’t know it was from boots) they told me to sign a paper and banned from tkmaxx for 12 months. And told I should be happy that they didn’t call the police. ( when I entered the hold room security shouted if you don’t cooperate we will ask the marks and Spencer to call the police and I don’t know why he said that)

on the same day evening I went to boots in that mall to get some food for my baby... this is a geniune shopping as I realised I have been doing something wrong that my hubby and my baby will not be happy about... the security starred at me... I told the staff that I will come back and buy the items in the basket in a bit and kept the basket on the floor... and went to mcD to get a coffee...*

the security from boots came after me (I’m not sure)*

I went into mcD he met the tkmaxx security inside the mcD

my doubt is will this tkmaxx security share my details ask boots guy to call the police as the tkmaxx security has my address and brp info... I’m scared to death please help me

Please someone respond me

Comment

It's not surprising that the security personnel would share information on an informal basis, but this will not mean the police will be involved.
      I would not be concerned about police involvement at all.

What will happen is that you will receive a letter from a firm called RLP (Retail Loss Prevention)
      It will invite you to pay them a large sum of money because they reckon you have caused losses for the retailer.
      You haven't, but they dress it up in legal language to scare you into paying.
      Despite their threats they do nothing if you ignore their letters (5 or 6) because there has been no loss and so no claim which will stand up in court.
      So ignore RLP's letters.

Comment

Thanks for the update... I’m sure tkmaxx’s security guy is aware of my shoplifting in other shops like boots and marks and Spencer... will he share my address and will those shop involve police in this as those shops are in the same mall... I know what I have done is a big mistake.... but if husband knows it that will be the end of my marriage...*

Comment

Because I have picked quite a bit of items from the above stores... to retrieve it and ban me will they inform my picture and address to the police... I leave very nearby to those stores...*

Comment

*live nearby*

Comment

IMO it is most unlikely the police will be involved.
              However they will probably swop information and watch you like a hawk if they see you entering again.

assuming there was no financial reason for your actions, I wonder if there is some underlying reason which you should perhaps discuss with your doctor. Mother with a young child.... nothing (!) to do..... post natal depression....

Regarding your husband....are you really sure he would end your marriage because of a minor incident?
              I* hope he* gives you the support you* need

Comment

He is a very honest person... he won’t lie or do anything unethical... I was also like that... he always say I have the best quality of a woman... now that I lost it.. chances are that he will hate me and treat me as a cheap person... at the end of the day all you need is your husband love and affection... I’m very anxious... but your replies are actually really helping me to calm down... thanks*

Comment

Marks and Spencer and boots will have the footage of me picking and leaving the store... will they send this to police? Tkmaxx guy would have informed about me to them as well right?*

Comment

Very very unlikely.
                    It takes hours of work to review CCTV footage, especially when they won't have much idea of the exact time.
                    The police certainly won't waste their time over it.

You haven't lost anything, except perhaps a little self esteem.
                    You are the same person you were before these incidents occurred, and you have a young child to care for.
                    If your husband is as "ethical" as you claim, doesn't this also encompass care and compassion and understanding?
                    These I consider more important qualities than being righteous and judgemental

Comment

Thanks much.. hope my husband understands and supports me...

Comment

Hi I have a couple of questions * *
                        1. we are moving out of UK to my own country in a month... will I have any problem during immigration? I going for a short trip coming week to some other country.. will I face any questions during both travel?

2. we are planning to come to UK after 1 year do I need to mention about this while applying visa. It’s mentioned in the tkmaxx banned notice that they will send the copy to police...

Comment

1) No
                          2)No

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Comment

Hi sir, I have been reading stories about charging shoplifters after the fact. any idea how does it happen and how will the cops approach*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X