• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP - pls help, advice ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RLP - pls help, advice ?

I was recently caught shoplifting - a stupid impulsive decision which I obviously really regret. The guards were nice enough, banned me for 3 months but...they also said I’d be sent a letter and a fine by rlp, but I literally would not be able to afford whatever they’d want - I’ve seen people being fined up to £250 :/ I’ve read on other threads to just ignore the letters if they come, will they definitely give up? I’m 19 and I really can’t tell my parents this or even ask for their help. If I ignore rlp can the store itself take action against me? The item was given back in saleable condition, I’m just really anxious about this now. How long do the letters even take to come? I’ve barely got enough money to get through the rest of the year, I really appreciate the help
    Tags: None

NOT A FINE... just an invoice for invented losses which you should ignore.
    RLP can't initiate court action, although technically the shop can
    However they won't as they have lost nothing and so have nothing to claim.

As to when the first letter will arrive ... sometimes it's within days, other times 6 weeks later.
    Probably depends on how quickly the store pass over your details.

Stop fretting about it and just ignore their letters.
    If you engage with them they redouble their efforts to part you from your money!

Comment

Also, im moving out next year so the letters will most likely be returned to the sender if they’re still coming - will that affect anything?Â*

Comment

No, altho' you may be concerned your parents will inadvertently open one of the letters.
        You could have your post redirected by the post office https://www.royalmail.com/personal/r...il/redirection

Comment

Thank you for your help, just one more question but it’s not really about rlp so I understand if you can’t answer. If in the future I wanted a job at that retail branch, but in a different place or something, would I be able to? They took my N.I number so I’m worried they’ll just keep it on record for all their stores and just refuse me a job there - I’m a student so it’s possible I’ll apply there at a different location. Thanks for any information regarding this

Comment

RLP may keep the Data for up to 6 years, but whether or not they do I don't know.
            Similar time limits would apply to the store.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X