• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tkmaxx ban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tkmaxx ban

So today I stupidly tried taking a pair of headphones from tkmaxx. I am a college student working 2 jobs as I am tight for money (not that I'm looking for sympathy) & they were in damaged packaging, so I removed them & put them in my pocket. I continued to look around with my brother, then after a few minutes an ununiformed security guard came over & told me to return them. I did so & he told me the police would not be involved but I would be banned from tkmaxx shops. My brother was also asked to leave. This has me somewhat confused; from reading other cases, I can see that there was some paperwork that is required to be filled out for the ban so that acknowledge it or whatever, but I was simply asked to leave without giving any details whatsoever, not even my name.

As such, I am worried & confused. Is DIKS (I think) the actual security used by tkmaxx & can they actually enforce this "ban" & if so how would they do it? Do they keep the images of my face from the security footage & distribute it to other shops? Really not helping my anxiety so would be grateful of any help for this
    Tags: None

Hi

Yep, they can ban you
    Any shop can ban any person they want (as long as they don't break discrimination laws) as they are private property.

I don't think TKmaxx use facial recognition cameras, and quite frankly do you really think they keep a rogues gallery set of pictures on staff rest room wall.
    If you go back in and are spotted, and assuming you are not misbehaving, all they can do is direct you to leave.

Comment

does debanhams has facial recognition cameras?

Comment

Don't know

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X