• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shamed moment in B & Q!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamed moment in B & Q!!

So today, I got caught putting screws into my daughters bag & a whole big bag of screws on the top of the pushchair!

The screws on the top of the pushchair was a genuine accident as we swapped for a little shopping trolley for a big trolly to place wood on which we brought, that & paint! The reason why I forgot about the pushchair screws is my delightful 2yr old daughter opened some paint and got it over her so had to wash it off and she was getting upset. Got caught when we went outside, brought back into the trade dept and was asked for good back, gave them back but said I really do what to purchase the big bag of screws. He said he had to get the manager and ask her. He took my photo and a copy of my driving provisional licence. No police was called they said this was a warning and to expect a civil recovery letter to pay for the cost of the goods. She wouldn't let me buy the screws I actually did need. She said I'm not banned it's just a warning, no police was called (phew) but should I do it again then I'm screwed!!(excuse the pun)

I suppose my questions are
    1) what happens next, does my photo get sent around all nearest shops about me shoplifting or is it for there own personal naughty wall in the office to keep an eye out for?
    2) what should I expect about a civil recovery letter (this is all new to me & I was so embarrassed & my child screaming I didn't ask).
    3) is this put on any type of record that u need to declare?
    4) holy shit I am shitting it, never done this before, dont know what came over me, yeah alright I'm dealing with alot (13 yr old son suicidal over a bully at school) but that's no excuse I'm an adult... is it wrong I just wanna cry!! I'm so ashamed & embarrassed, thank god my other children wasnt with me!
    Tags: None

Answered on other post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X