• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help urgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help urgent

so few months ago I got caught stealing at Debenhams but it was worth £20 only the stuff I attempted to take so they took me to a different room and the police was called. the police told me I would be getting done for theft and took me down to the station to file my details than they let me go and they said I would be getting a fine and it would definitely be more than £100 ? then they gave me some leaflet about the RLP. I have been getting non stop letting from the rlp and some with big red writing on it and so far I have had 8. when will it stop ffs I have been ignoring them and the fine is £160 and the most recent letter is stating I have to go to court and they have given me a court date but the letters from the RLP mentioning about the court? What does this even mean? do I go or not?
    Tags: None

Ignore any letter from RLP but not any letters from a court. RLP can't fine you, they have no authority.

What does that latest letter actually say, is it from RLP or someone else? RLP can't just book a court date for one of their invoices.

If uyou can post up a copy of the letter, removing your personal details.

Comment

clearly rlp can fine you if theyr sending out letters saying they will? if It was just a lie they wouldn't right? and I took the advice of this forum sayin to ignore the letters which I did and now iv been called to court????? this is very stressful, has anyone else ignored theyr letters from the rlp and they have given up and stopped? because I haven't seen anyone on here saying the problems over for them

Comment

RLP cannot fine you.
        Only the courts issue fines
        RLP threaten to take you to a civil court to recover costs which they claim to have been incurred by Debenhams.
        That is rubbish

As the police were involved perhaps you have been summonsed to a magistrates court accused of shoplifting.
        It would be unusual for that action to be taken, but not unknown.
        Perhaps you have been caught previously?

Anyway post up that last letter about court so we can see what it actually says

Comment

Is this a letter from the police? The police should not be giving out leaflets from RLP

RLP cannot fine you, they do not have any authority at all to do so, they are not a court nor any legislation allows them to. Yes they would send out letters in the hope that you believe their lies. They cannot take you to court anyway as it is not their alleged debt.

They threaten and bluff and bluster so that people pay. Is the details of court on an RLP letter? Only the courts can give date and place to a court hearing. The last time RLP tried court it cost them, well their client, a great deal of of money and they got spanked by the judge.

What does the letter actually say? Either type up the content or better still post a photo of it up on here for other to look at.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X