• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest on my VT issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on my VT issues

The Latest on the VT I did on the 22nd December, having sent the template letter on the 22nd December the finance company have confirmed they have received it but refuse to act on it because it wasn't signed, they have sent me a pack out to sign and requesting a payment of £75 to collect their Car, I have refused to sign and informed them for the third time the car is now untaxed from the 31st December and is no longer registered to me and that I received confirmation from the DVLA that I am no longer the registered keeper I informed the finance company of this today, and also informed them the insurance runs out on the 11th January, and would they please pick up the vehicle they again refused, and said the car was still registered to me it isn't, I am about to send them the template letter about where does it state I have to sign any paperwork. Their inability to have the car collected is stressing me out, I have looked after the vehicle had it serviced it regularly by the dealer and it is MOT till September it is four and a half years old and is in good condition nothing above fair rear and tear for its age and two registered keepers. I no longer drive it it is sat on my drive while the car I have now is on the road, I will keep posting if it is of interest to anyone.
    Tags: None

Seeking payment for collection fees should not prohibit them from recovering their own car from your property.

It sounds like they are calling your bluff so rather than ping pong back and forth on trivial stuff, why don't you give them notice that you will put the vehicle on the public highway as you no longer give permission for the vehicle to be on your property which is preventing your new vehicle to be able to parked on there.

Alternatively, you could suggest that you are going to charge them a daily rate (£5 or £10?) if it is not collected by X date, for having it remain on your property until it is recovered and in the meantime make a formal complaint, though you do have to wait up to 8 weeks. If you do charge them a daily rate, you could say that the car will be released to them upon full payment of the charges.

Also, its best to keep your posts in one thread rather than creating separate ones because people may not pick up on the latest updates.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Rob, I am about send a 1st class letter and email to them giving them 7 days from the letter date to pick up their vehicle as it will be uninsured and untaxed and on a public highway and their responsiblity,

Comment

Just make sure your response is clear and gives sufficient reasons why you are going down the route you suggest i.e. point out their numerous chances to collect the vehicle but have deliberately ignored and disregarded your requests to collect it.

If they complain that you were being unreasonable then you will need to point to this letter to justify your actions.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Rob, I have sent of the letter including a copy of the CCA 1974 and a scanned copy of the DVLA slip showing that I am no longer the registered keeper and also email see attachment using the template I obtained from this website, and I am now waiting for a response, the monthly direct debit for the car insurance is due on the 11th January which will cost me a further £48 I am unsure whether to cancel it or let it run another month the car is safe on my drive blocked in by my current vehicle for the most part it angers me that I have to be responsible for this vehicle even though I am no longer the registered keeper the people I have spoken to at the finance company refute that i do not need to sign the paperwork, all this is giving me sleepless nights and stress I have told them this and asked for the taped conversations which they agreed to but could take 30days all the contact has been on my part other than the paperwork they want me to sign.
          Last edited by Hotseecee; 9th January 2019, 21:56:PM. Reason: Personal information

Comment

It is now the 14th January and I have heard nothing from the finance company regarding the collection of the vehicle, is it just a waiting game the direct debit is cancelled along with the tax and insurance and the vehicle is no longer registered in my name.

Comment

You may want to consider writing to them and letting them know that the 14 days are up, the V5C is now registered in their name and they need to make arrangements to collect it within the next 7 days. If they don't then I think you can then send them a notice of intention to sell the goods under the Torts (interference with goods) act 1977.

In the end, they will come to collect it as they all do. If not you have good reason to sel lit on.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi Rob I did send them a letter last week on the 7th a template letter from here and also a copy of and an email stating they had until the 14th to make arrangements to collect it, and so far nothing apart from a letter telling me I could have a copy of the phone conversations which can take up to 30 days to arrive that I had asked for in the last conversation asking them to pick up their car.

Comment

Should I now give them another 7 days

Comment

Hi I will send them another letter tomorrow

Comment

It is now the 21st January 2019 and I have heard nothing from the finance company about collecting the vehicle that was VT in December 2018, my last letters were sent to them on the 14th January giving them another 7 days to contact me about collecting their vehicle which is now untaxed uninsured and the log book is in their name, I am unsure what to do next as it is still on my driveway. Any advice would be appreciated

Comment

If applicable send in that invoice for the use of your drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                          If applicable send in that invoice for the use of your drive.
                          Hi Thank you for your reply how would I word this and to start from when, also would this make me liable for any damage that may be caused whilst on my drive if I am charging them for storage, are they still able to bring any claims at all against me.

Comment

Got a Text today asking for this months payment, so I rang them again explaining the Vt letter I sent them dated the 22nd December, and we again got into because it wasn't signed it wasn't binding, and I asked them again to show me where in their agreement or in the CCA 1974 does it state I have to sign anything and the person hung up on me. More sleepless nights while this uninsured untaxed vehicle that is in their name is on my drive
                            So now the financial ombudsman is involved I have opened a complaint.

Comment

Hi Rob, The back and forth continues, the omnbudsman contacted the finance company, about my complaint of them pursuing a signature for the VT on the 22nd December and refusing to collect the car because of this and also asking for the Next payment and the stress it was causing me, they agreed they would no longer pursue monthly payments and that they had not logged the complaint, and would be in touch this week, I have now received a letter giving me the three options, change the car, keep the car and pay the final payment or return the car and the condition the vehicle should be in on return no mention of collection charges but it's as if they are ignoring the VT I did on the 22nd December, my problem with this is the car was serviced regularly by the dealership, and the service booked stamped, but was due for its annual service on the 10th January as this has passed and the letter they sent me was dated the 22nd January can this be brought in as not looking after the car, I am really struggling with these people I am 63 years old and the stress is giving me sleepless nights and nightmares about cars, I just want them to pick up the car and it to come to an end, I wish I had never entered into too this agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X