• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Voluntary Termination issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Voluntary Termination issue

Good afternoon, I have been reading many posts on this (& other forums) regarding voluntary Termination, but none seems to address my particular issue. Just need a little advice regarding what monies they can legally pursue me for. (Vehicle has already been collected) Asking for £503.18 which is made up of cost for Value added Products - Admin Fee, Paint protection (applied at time of purchase) & GAP insurance, plus £138.29 for vehicle collection (they're saying I had the choice to return to them & I took the choice to have it collected, so the fee applies) . I only paid 1 direct debit per month & only had '1 agreement' (everything is listed as part of the same contract). Do I have to pay this money? Thank you & happy Christmas.
    Tags: None

I guess I must have done something wrong - posted in the wrong place? as I have no replies.

Please let me know how to get advice on my issue.

Comment

Hello

Collection fees have been discussed all over this forum and the same answer has been given. Short answer is no they can't charge because it imposes additional liability in terms of cost beyond the limited liability under section 100(1).

As for the GAP insurance, I have argued that the way the agreement is made up doesn't appear to be a separate agreement but a whole single agreement on the premise that there is one single instalment with one single direct debit.

However, I will admit there is an argument that value added products could be separate agreements (as per their terms) but even if it was, then assuming you only gave notice to terminate the contract, then they had no reason to terminate the contract for the value added products.

I would suggest you take a look at this thread and particularly the draft example (post #33) which explains the position quite clearly.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response - Unfortunately I have already paid the GAP insurance as I wasn't 100% sure how I stood legally. I have now paid the value added products also, but will insist I do not owe the collection fee of £138.29 as per the advice given. Thank you for your assistance.
        Last edited by iamcosmo; 19th January 2019, 15:01:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X