• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP - The Classic What To Do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a city centre store/branch but i’m worried because it was for both stores that it’ll be passed onto the cctv people in the shopping centre meaning i’ll be watching in all stores there, is that possible? I think because it’s a large store I won’t go back for a long while to be safe.*

How would I go about getting the letters redirected? I feel if I got into contact with them to do it, it would be a response and they would know to send more, does that make sense?

Also, thank you for replying quickly

Comment

Forgot to add do you think it’ll actually be passed onto other stores around the country and I would maybe be stopped there too?

Comment

Most unlikely details will be passed to other stores.... just think how difficult it would be for staff to have to look at details and then be expected to pick out those people.... waste of stores time.

Letter redirection*https://www.royalmail.com/personal/r...il/redirection

Comment

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice? I regretfully stole one item in Boots in January 2020 and was charged £99.50 for one cheap item.

I have ignored the two letters I have received so far; due to other advice posted on here. I have received my third letter saying they have slashed the fine by 50% to £49.75 with 14 days to pay. It mentions that this "offer" is open for 14 after which time it'll be withdrawn, does this mean the charge will be completely dropped? But it also mentions after this two weeks it could go back up price wise or be handed over to other recovery agents who "specialize in recovering payment without any further notification" to me. What does this mean? Should I just ignore this letter too, but when it says no further notification does this mean no more letters or will they keep coming? Or should I just pay it?

Can someone just give me some advice if they have been through this, any help would be helpful.

Comment

Begging letter couple more then bye bye is the usual. You owe them nothing sit on your hands

Comment

They might pass it ov er to a debt collector, but as there is no debt, you can ignore them as well.

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Originally posted by RonPickering
                  I wonder if you regret being a thief, or regret being caught being a thief.

Not even an apology for being a thief?

Maybe not a direct loss because thankfully the stolen item was recovered, although it may have been thrown away as damaged goods. But there is the extra expense that retailers have to fork out to prevent thieves thinking they can just walk in and take what they like.

Please note we don't judge on this site.
                  People will often "confess" to stealing when in fact there is no mens rea although there may be an actus reus
                  We help people

If you disagree with our position regarding a retailers right to recover imagined costs I suggest you read the Oxford case as all we do is follow the learned judge. https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...h-and-the-lies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X