• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robert1234 v Asda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert1234 v Asda

I went to ASDA this morning and while I was looking on the spirits isle I noticed a funny looking magnet, I tried this and it takes off the security tabs off. so I took tabs off 4 bottles put them in my bag, I paid for my other shopping, but before I left the shop, the security guard stopped me and searched my bag, I was devastated, but on the other hand I do suffer with depression, I have a wife that is having chemotherapy for the second time, and a son who is virtually blind and is registered blind, I also work full time, I guess things are getting on top of me.But my concern is, I never left the shop and offered to pay in full for the goods, am I still in trouble ??
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome Robert.
    I can't say if you are going to be in trouble with your wife but
    1) did they allow you to pay for the items
    2) were the police called
    3) did you give them your name and address
    4) what did they say/do?

Comment

they never allowed me to pay for the items.
      the police was called.
      they have my address.
      got to go to the police station this morning 09:00

Comment

When you attend the police station request the attendance of the duty solicitor before the interview commences.
        This is your right.
        Do not be taken in by plod saying it is "off the record"/ "nothing to worry about if you tell the truth"
        In this instance the police are not your friends.
        Refuse to be interviewed without the attendance of a solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by robert 1234 View Post
          I went to ASDA this morning and while I was looking on the spirits isle I noticed a funny looking magnet, I tried this and it takes off the security tabs off. so I took tabs off 4 bottles put them in my bag, I paid for my other shopping, but before I left the shop, the security guard stopped me and searched my bag, I was devastated, but on the other hand I do suffer with depression, I have a wife that is having chemotherapy for the second time, and a son who is virtually blind and is registered blind, I also work full time, I guess things are getting on top of me.But my concern is, I never left the shop and offered to pay in full for the goods, am I still in trouble ??
          A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and “thief” and “steal” shall be construed accordingly.

That is the definition of theft and going by the facts you have stated. You dishonestly took property that was not yours with the full intention of permanently depriving the shop of 4 bottles, but for you being caught and then saying you would pay, you would have walked out the shop.
          The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X