• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught stealing in morrisons please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught stealing in morrisons please help

No judgement please I am going through some serious crap. I did something stupid and got caught stealing in morrisons the security guard was an insensitive asshole he called the store supervisor and took me to a room tbey took a picture of me and got my address and name down the also gave me a letter saying i am banned from morrisons and that i will be contacted by the civil recovery . They took what i stole and had no loss so what fees or fine can they charge me. I am really worried please help.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

You will eventually receive a letter from a firm (DWF) telling you that your actions have caused their client (Morrisons) an enormous loss and that you have to pay them shedloads of money. It will be sprinkled with all kinds of legalese ,
    They will give you various options on how to pay.

What they won't tell you is that you have the option of simply ignoring them.
    Do this and they will write a few scary letters and then cease!

So just ignore them, don't return to that particular store for a while

Their letters can be found on this thread if you want to read them in advance! http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

Thank you . How much do tbey roughly ask for?

Comment

£150ish is not uncommon, but as you are ignoring the request it doesn't really matter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X