• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught with friend in primark age 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught with friend in primark age 16

Just last year me and my friend were caught shop lifting in primark (completely stupid I know) and we’re sent the the bank room where everything was taken back off us all with tags etc, police were rang and arrived in the store to talk to us and my mum came in as they couldn’t talk to me without a parents supervision, police talked about a fine of around £70 and I was told I’d receive a letter about paying this. When I got the letter from rlp the amount of money asked for was ridiculous (over £200). I can’t afford to pay that and it’s been a few months now. I payed 30 pounds of it whilst I had the money in my account and then made sure there was anough the next month for it to come out again, and there was, but they never took it out and they then against sent me another letter saying £12 was added on for not paying it, after reading these I ignored that letter again and another one came through today saying another £12 was added on and then mentioned something about court and the end of the letter, there’s way too many things I don’t understand written in the letter as I’m still only 16. My friend also got fined the same amount and her dad rang up and said he didn’t want to hear anything back from them as he knows what they’re about. Apparently they’ve stopped bugging her and she hasn’t paid any. Scared to ignore another letter... also does me paying £30 of it now make them be able to make me pay the rest of it as I’ve agreed to already pay some ??? Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Caught with friend in primark age 16

Hi there, and welcome to Legalbeagles.

The fact you partly paid their invoice does not mean you owe them any more money.
    You didn't owe them anything from the beginning, so you owe them nothing now.
    A pity you paid the shysters anything 'cos there's no way to get it back.

How did you pay them?
    Did you give them a direct debit authority?
    If so make sure the bank are instructed that it is cancelled.

Do not pay them any more.
    They are entitled to nothing.
    Let them continue wasting their money sending pointless demands to you.
    Let them add on their charges to a non existent debt that will never be paid.

Guarantee they won't go to court as last time they tried that they got an awful ticking off by the judge.
    However as you have partly paid they think they have hooked a vulnerable person who is going to pay more, so theyt will redouble their threats and letters to scare you into paying up.
    Resist that temptation and ignore them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X