• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sony warrenty issue - damage not covered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony warrenty issue - damage not covered

I'll try to be brief.

About a month ago I submitted a request to Sony to fix a defect on my Xperia Z3 compact, the screen on the phone started to come loose at the top corner. Unfortunately I hadn't had time to send the phone off and the case got closed.

The day after, when pulling the phone out of my pocket the screen cracked (in a number of places from the side the screen was loose on), potentially the screen was caught when putting it in my pocket and bent the screen.

I submitted the second case, referencing the first and sent my phone off.

Song have now said this will not be covered by the warranty and they will charge to fix it, surely as the damage was caused by the original defect it should be covered?

Just wanted to gage opinion and get ideas on what my next steps should be.

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Sony warrenty issue - damage not covered

When I questioned their response they said:

"We are unable to comment as to how or when this form of damage has occurred we can only comment on the findings upon completion of the investigation. As you are aware, your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has recently been examined by engineers at our service location. They have identified that your handset is not covered under the manufacturers’ warranty and the display cracking is not due to defects in design, materials or workmanship
    As with any issue on your handset our engineers would fully examine the handset and the issue to see if it is covered by the terms and conditions of the Sony warranty. In this case they have diagnosed that the issue appeared not due to component failure but as a result of impact or stress damage on the screen."

Comment

Re: Sony warrenty issue - damage not covered

"Unfortunately I hadn't had time to send the phone off and the case got closed."

Looks like your answer is in your own post. Because you failed to get it repaired at the first sign of a problem you therefore compounded the error.

Can not see there is much you can do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X