• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sunroof v Value of Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof v Value of Car

Hi
    biught a secondhand car from a Toyota Dealership
    6mnths warranty (useless) does not include sunroof or electricals
    only had the car 30 days
    sold to me with o.4m tread left on tyres took it to independant garage..dealer agreed to pay for replacement tyres
    now the sun roof doesn't work (I waited for ages to find this car so the sun roof was important)
    to replace sunroof is a cost of £2700
    car purchase 5880.00
    dealer not local to home Car Mini
    what can I do...?
    I don't think dealer will pay for repair...now the car I can't sell
    sent email ....any ideas. Best way forward?
    Tags: None

Re: Sunroof v Value of Car

What exactly is the problem with the sunroof? £2700 seems a ridiculous price to replace.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I assume it is this style of sunroof
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

It's motor and runners...I agree on costing but this is not a BMW PRICE ITS AN INDEPENDANT quote. BMW wanted 200 to look at it! I took it to another garage that do BMW reading Mini forums they say this is normal costing
        when I press the button it struggles to open so if they replace the motor the cable too...

Comment

no mini has a double roof

Comment

Like this
            Attached Files

Comment

"Struggles to open"?

Sounds like a clean and lubricate in the right place may help. Though is one side cable has gone that would cause that fault.

A decent engineer should be able to strip and repair for much less that your quote.

Comment

Dealer has to pay me 400 tompay the garage fir the dodgy tyres he left on the car

Comment

Ok Thanks,

Contact the dealer and remind them of their duties under the Sale of Goods & Services Act, that you had waited specifically for that model because of the sunroof and now it is faulty. Go straight to the manager of the dealership, try not to deal with the service staff if possible.

Comment

We have greased it...the tyre guys did it for me...I agree it's madness the cost....but nobody wants to touch the flippin thing! They all shy away from it...
                    shouldnt the dealer sort this out. I would be without a car for a few days the dealer charged me £100 for delivery as I live 110 miles away

Comment

Put the issue of the tyres in your complaint too, making him aware that they allowed you to drive the car in an unroadworthy & illegal condition that could have led to an accident or a fine & points for each tyre that was below the limit.

Comment

I've done that....
                        the guy who agreed to pay for the new tyres agreed immediately as soon as I told him that trading standards advised me and I did the credit card act and sales of goods act.
                        also they safety vehcile check did not tally they made an error in the service book on the mileage and told me to correct the mileage in the service book! They should have done a service which they said they had...but the brake fluid service should have been done in January that has been done now which they agreed to pay for also.
                        i can't see them paying me this to get it fixed
                        i traded car in for 2000
                        paid for new. Car 5880
                        im worried he ain't too friendly

Comment

Describe exactly how you paid for the car. So far I gather it is
                          £2000 for trade in plus another £5800 for the balance, is this correct and if so how did you finance/pay for the balance?

You mentioned credit card, did you pay more than £100 using your card?

Comment

I paid £100 on the credit card
                            rest was banks transfer
                            cash 100 for delivery
                            2000 for trade in

Comment

Think that Martin Lewis guy said pay a penny on credit card

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X