• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parcels not arriving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcels not arriving

Not sure if this is posted in the correct section, but wondered if anyone has any idea what if anything can be done to find out why,and who to contact, the problem is the parcels are going to Spain, I and my grandsons have sent Christmas presents etc to my son in Spain, most never arrive
    My son seems to think its at the Spanish end they are going astray,
    I have a form to fill in for things posted international and not being delivered, but it means getting receipts[or copies of] which is fair enough, I have proof of posting, but I have also sent him prescription meds in the parcels, any advice is welcome
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Parcels not arriving

http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-spain-post
    Royal Mail should be able to tell you where the parcels have gone through their tracking services. If they are putting it down to the local delivery service then you could might find some of the info on the above site of some use. There are contact details for the Spanish service at the bottom. Re the meds; I know that parcels that are scanned and shown to be containing pills or fluids may not be sent through the mail. Perhaps these are pulled out of the system before they even leave the country. Can he find a GP over there? Because of the high number of UK ex pats living in Spain it should not be too hard to find one with a good command of the English Language. Again the above site might help.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will check again in the morning, I was asked what was in the parcel and I told them at th PO but other things have not arrived either,and its happening too often, I did write my name and address as sender, so thought at least I would have had the parcel returned to me, my 2 grandsons have sent stuff which also have not arrived, just normal presents
      I was told I could have them tracked but it would cost about £10 each time
      Anyway thank you,i will look into it further

Comment

Please be aware that you are not permitted to send prescription medicines unless you are a doctor, dentist, nurse, vet or recognised lab.

This is the extract from the RM leaflet:http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...ooklet_TAG.pdf

May only be sent by, or at the specific request of, a qualified medicalpractitioner, registered dental practitioner, veterinary surgeon,registered nurse or a recognised laboratory or institution. Themedicines must be securely closed and placed in a leak-proofcontainer such as a sealed polythene bag (for liquids) or a sift-proof container (for solids). Must be tightly packed in strong outerpackaging and must be secured or cushioned to prevent anydamage. The sender’s name and return address must be clearlyvisible on the outer packaging.

Comment

without paying for a tracking service I would imagine they would not spend much time looking for the Parcel.
          If you have sent prohibited items they may have been found and destroyed would not expect them to return them.

Comment

By whom are these medicines being prescribed?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              By whom are these medicines being prescribed?

With respect, nem, not sure how relevant that is unless OP is the prescriber.

Comment

Exporting prescription medicines to family members no longer residing in the UK costs the NHS and therefore UK tax payers a fortune.

nem.

Comment

Oh, I see, I was approaching it from whether OP was "allowed" to export, you are coming at it from a completely different perspective!

Comment

Certain parts of Europe and Asia in particular costs the NHS because of (in some cases) GP's either prescribe without seeing a patient
                    or over prescribe to a family member and the excess medications are sent abroad.
                    ( this is from person experience).

nem

Comment

Thank you for all replies,the medical items were Lansaprozole, my son doesn't live there permanently, but 6 months of the year, I have sent these to him before and had no problem ,also asked at the PO counter what was in the parcel I have told them and its been passed as ok, never been told meds shouldn't be sent, they have been securely parcelled up and usually sent with other articles, with my details on the back of all parcels,but it isn't only these that have gone missing, my grandsons have sent Christmas presents of things like perfumes teeshirts etc, never arrived, my so thinks they are being opened at the Spanish end, I wasn't aware that certtain items could not be sent abroad,

Comment

I did post a reply but seems to have disappeared after editing, to say the meds were lansaprazole which I have sent before, well packaged always with something else, this time with a CD as a Christmas present, also been sent was a tablet, for my daughter in law to use, other items have not arrived, but I have sent mobile phones which have got there ok, all with a return address, and some things my son has sent here eg; a lighter for a sons birthday, got here nsame lighter for another son, didn't get here, hes kept his uk GP as he doesn't live there permanantly

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X